• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Gamesdomain history

Started by matlu, July 08, 2005, 10:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matlu

I found another GD fan site. It seems to be quite inactive (though they apparently noticed the existence of Duel Board :) ), but it explains the reasons why GDC was closed...

http://groups.msn.com/GameDomainCrew/thegdcastlehistory.msnw

the main page is:
http://groups.msn.com/GameDomainCrew/

exiledragon

That guy is on a powertrip  ;D
Game user name = AnkleBiter
Calling somone overconfident/unskilled when you are losing is NOT good timing.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript order of the stick

BlitzJoker

I noticed the old RP's just sitting in the lobby and chatting.......suppose this explains that.

matlu

can someone explain me what  "RP" means in this context? :) And what game do they actually play?

BladeSabre

From reading the "rules to die by", I think they do battle role-play on the email list. I'm not sure though.

BlitzJoker

Role Playing is what I mean, and I believe they just use text to "pretend" to battle?

*punches*
*ducks*

Or am I mistaken?

zzboots

Quote from: BlitzJoker on July 09, 2005, 03:08:58 AM
Role Playing is what I mean, and I believe they just use text to "pretend" to battle?

*punches*
*ducks*

Or am I mistaken?
Well done, bitlzy.  But you can role play other things as you and I have previously discussed.

Anywho, the reason that a bunch of these players are back is thanks to Marche00.  (Although he does go by another name too but it escapes me at the moment.)  I told him about the game and he spread on the news to the right people.

I say we welcome these old players back with open arms.  Even if they are here to mainly chat in the lobby, their added numbers would surely be a great benifit.  Perhaps adding a board for role playing might insure that these new players feel welcomed and desire staying.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

BlitzJoker

Quotebitlzy

You spelt it wrong  :'(, and I would prefer you capitalize the first letter....as it is the "proper" name I go by around here.

Anyways on a more serious note, I personally would welcome any rational minded, mature person to the game. A Role-Playing Chat room does seem interesting indeed, and may increase traffic. But it was definitely need a moderator to make sure it doesn't turn into some type of sex chat, for Michael Jackson wannabes to prey on little tikes that go in there. Good suggestion old chap!

zzboots

You know i can't spell Blitzy, but thank you for correcting it.  With the way you are talking about everything it sounds like YOU want to be a moderator.  But this can't be, for surely it will interfer with your game overview and we know everyone is counting on you for that.  Don't you have faith in you fellow duelboard comrads to police themselves or have we reached a state of total anarchy.  A tear to the eye if we have.   :'(

:) ;) :D ;D :o 8) :P  Why all the smilys?  Because i know a certain SOMEONE out there likes them. ;)
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

matlu

Quote from: BlitzJoker on July 09, 2005, 04:49:22 AM
A Role-Playing Chat room does seem interesting indeed,

Well, if they play some chat-based game, I can either:
- make a dedicated "chat "room for them in current game applet, with bigger chatbox
- make a full-screen php based chat

I can also make some special features, if necessary (if they need dice roll simulation or whatever)

But YOU people who play it, YOU have to let me know what you need :)

BlitzJoker

QuoteWith the way you are talking about everything it sounds like YOU want to be a moderator.  But this can't be, for surely it will interfer with your game overview and we know everyone is counting on you for that.

Heh, it's a Role-Playing chat.....I'm not into all that. So no, I wouldn't want a moderator position in a Role-Playing chat.

Adam

we mostly stick to chat... all we really could use is a lobby chat and a scrollbar... if youre willing to go a little more out of your way for us then about the limit for us would be another game room seperate for RPing consisting of
-normal challenge to challenge with options for 2 on 2 or 1 on 2 etc, with a definate need of an option for people to watch, and a timer if possible(10, 20, 30 minutes, or best off: input minutes)
---after issuing the challenge(assume accepted) another screen for the actual fight(just chat, possibly larger chat) 2 side bars, to designate who again who(say Kakarot on the left sidebar and Syn_Adam on the other sidebar to show him again me, or Kakarot on the left and Syn_Adam and Iceking00 on the right sidebar to show kakarot vs me and iceking) and perhaps a seperate chat area for people who are watching to talk about the fight and how its going... other than that probably fill whats left of the screen for chat, and perhaps a way to copy and paste the fight chat...

none of the seperate chat is necessary but if youre going to go out of your way thats the way to go.. not too complicated or anything... we got along fine on gd with the lobby chat and empty game rooms... the scrollbar is almost a need for our RPing though...

for your curiousity our RPing(there are different styles of RPing) is just *punches* *kicks* etc and we use speed as our variable... so if i say for example:

Syn_Adam: *kicks iceking away*
Iceking00: *punches*

his attack would be nulled out and not mean anything... if you have any other questions about it feel free to contact, The Jap Brat or Iceking00 in game if possible or just contact me... any of us would be more than willing to help you if needed im sure

matlu

I will make such chat room for you. Right now I'm extremely busy with one stupid problem in current games, but after it's fixed I can work on it. I will contact you approx. one week later and we'll discuss needed features.

(anyway it's strange to see a RP without random numbers / dice rolls :)  )

Xanatos

Adam's pretty much explained everything I can think that we might need...I'm a member of the GDC as well...So, yeah, keep up the good work, Adam ;D