• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

the game sound

Started by dragon75, April 09, 2005, 12:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon75

you all know the original sound from cyberwars. mat, when are you gonna have it up? it would be better with sound.
"castle it was called, and many did play. cyber wars, battlethingz, MM, crypt. the games i did play and it is for the love of the game i stay."-me

ZAPTONE_Z

those sounds were sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

matlu

Yes, I'm already thinking about adding sound. Definitely not original, guess it's also copyrighted. No idea yet where do I take new sound from...

T3h luggage

The sounds are really annoying!  I always listen to music when I play cyberwars, and the little sound effects are not enough to fill in the empty space, but enough to bother.  Even without music it would be annoying.

matlu

Quote from: T3h luggage on May 05, 2005, 04:14:04 AM
The sounds are really annoying!  I always listen to music when I play cyberwars, and the little sound effects are not enough to fill in the empty space, but enough to bother.  Even without music it would be annoying.

- I think that main purpose of sounds is to get feedback (so you immediately know, that you clicked at "right place"), and to be notified that "something happened" (enemy movement for example).
- I COULD put there some fancy music, but it would increase the size of data & code, thus it would all download longer. Possibly there could also be some compatibility issues, it took me ages to get simple clicks working correctly on both Sun's and Microsoft's java. And I still haven't tested it on Linux and other operating systems, I just HOPE it will work,

Shades

Bleh on the "fancy music". I too listen to music while playing CB, and the little sounds whenever you click are definitly better than having two music files playing.