• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Old Graphics From Castle

Started by MathWiz20, June 06, 2006, 02:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MathWiz20

Let's work on new graphics for stuff that still needs changing from the castle.  If maybe we get a working graphic for everything, Matlu will finally decide to implement them because he won't feel like he's wasting his time.

We've already got one for the hover tank, so no need there.
We need a jeep, I've seen an initial attempt from arbiter, but needs more work.
We need a cyborg, again I've seen one from arbiter, needs work.
We need a light-sabre, I've seen one AWHILE ago, maybe we can dig it up.
We need a beacon, hopefully this isn't too hard.
We need a forcefield, this could be tough, but it's hard to tell if it's even old.
We need a holodetect/teleport, these aren't as important, done last.

I'm not good with computers/artistic stuff, so I really want to do it myself but I cannot unless someone teaches me.  Otherwise, I'd be happy to organize an effort like I'm doing now, and I will constantly advertise to Matlu any progress we have, like I have already done for the hover tank under general discussion.
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

Dodger

I have one request.
Forcefield and Holodetect stay the same. There is no need to change them.

MathWiz20

Fine with me on the holodetect/forcefield.

Dodge can you post the finished/animated hover tank on this thread?

I'm hoping eventually this thread will be filled with working images, so post any sprites you have here, I'll give feedback since I have no idea how to make a spirte, and if I think something can be changed I will say something.
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

Dodger

MathWiz20

Here's the hover tank, I'll dig up the rest that I've seen

MathWiz20

Here's Arbiter's attempts at a jeep and a cyborg.

I know that some of you didn't like his jeep, I personally don't mind it, but this thread is to try to perfect these new graphics.

The cyborg could use a little work too, especially since I don't think it's animated properly.

Oh and Dodge you did a great job on the hover tank (above post).  I love it :D

MathWiz20

Here's Luggage's attempts at a cyborg and light sabre.

Let's have a vote on whose cyborg is better, and also comment on light sabre.

Personally, I think the light sabre is really cool, and I think Luggage's cyborg is better because it seems more combination of mutant and droid.

MathWiz20

OH I FORGOT ABOUT THE FORTRESS!!!  I noticed matlu saying fortress was an old graphic on some other post, and I realized I forgot to mention it.

SO WE NEED A FORTRESS ALONG WITH BEACON, they may look similar.

Sorry about posting so many times in a row by the way, but I couldn't fit all the images on one post.

So...images that have not been tried yet--> beacon, fortress, teleport

I think with the teleport it'd be cool if your commander could disappear and reappear in the spot you want to go to, kind of like a fizzle in and out effect.  This sounds hard though, almost sounds like an emote-type thing.

Dodger

Quote from: MathWiz20 on June 07, 2006, 07:31:59 PM
Oh and Dodge you did a great job on the hover tank (above post).  I love it :D

I didn't actually make the hovertank you know....

And definately luggages Mutant. It looks awesome and I don't understand why it was never implemented.

Not too keen on the lightsabre. That grapic doesn't really need changing. Just the look of the commander that is holding it. Can you get the old Lightsabre graphic up please? Then I'll change the commander.

Dodger

Quote from: MathWiz20 on June 07, 2006, 07:45:01 PM
I think with the teleport it'd be cool if your commander could disappear and reappear in the spot you want to go to, kind of like a fizzle in and out effect.  This sounds hard though, almost sounds like an emote-type thing.

I tried this. In one of those emote threads. Definately needs more than three frames.

MathWiz20

Oh yeah thanks to Logan for the hover tank, my bad

Dodge I'm not sure where to find the old light sabre image, besides on the actual game.  I don't think Matlu has ever posted an image of the commander upgrades.  I know he has for all the monsters, but I'm not sure about commanders.

Dodger

MathWiz20

Dodge, Matlu has a site listed under the "inspiration" thread where he says are all old graphics, even commander type stuff.

It's www.duelboard.com/inspiration but when I click on it it says I don't have access to the site, so maybe you do.

Besides the light sabre, I get the feeling symbiont needs changing too, and maybe force shield? (I don't remember the old force shield).

Oh, and did we ever change the predator???

Dodger

Most commander type stuff has never been changed. I know about the inspiration folders.
I have most of the old graphics saved on my computer anyway.

Pred was never changed.