• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

slime blob

Started by flamingdragon, April 14, 2005, 05:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamingdragon

is slime blob going to be made. its a lot like fire but i still want it in game so i can do both slime blob and fire, creating an unstoppable force
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

You mean Alien blob.
It sure WILL be in the game.
Actually I started working on it, but I came across some non-trivial issues (I will have to enhance the engine a bit), so I postponed it untill I finish checkers and reversi.

flamingdragon

Quote from: matlu on April 14, 2005, 11:24:04 AM
You mean Alien blob.

yes

It sure WILL be in the game.
Actually I started working on it, but I came across some non-trivial issues (I will have to enhance the engine a bit), so I postponed it untill I finish checkers and reversi.

ok
Adun Toridas, Executor.

dark_rock

I think cyber battles should take priority.

matlu

Quote from: dark_rock on April 14, 2005, 05:12:17 PM
I think cyber battles should take priority.

I worked more that 4 months nonstop on battlewars. Now I want one or two weeks "break" - to enchance game portfolio with other games, which are far simplier, but probably will attract more people. Then I return back to Battle wars. For me it makes sense perfectly.

Parsley

I'll send you a donat if you prioritise multiplayer civilisation...
  ;D

matlu

Quote from: Parsley on April 14, 2005, 05:20:29 PM
I'll send you a donat if you prioritise multiplayer civilisation...
  ;D

No kidding, I was thinking about this civilisation thingy, and the more I think about it, the more I like it. It would be really quite easy to do, and probably also fun to play. So possibly it has higher priority than you'd expect.

BTW I noticed that you are quite concerned about 'intellectual property' (and I 100% agree with you, it's important to think about it). So how is it going to work together with Civilisation?

If you want to help with this particular game and you have free time then please:
- think about "intelectual property" stuff, what would have to be changed etc.
- try to make some high-level game design. In ideal case also design screens and user interface. If you are VERY keen, make some web page and try to attract some people (I can host this page)
- try to get some free graphics, which would fit into this game (possibly from some  open source Civ clone)

<edit>Or instead of creating a web page, I can create a board on this forum just for Civ, but it would need more people interested in this game

matlu

It usually took quite long time to finish (singleplayer) civ game... mostly few days (with save/load). How should it work in multiplayer version? Should the world be very small? Should the players be able to logout, and relogin to same game even next day, or few days later? How exactly could/should it work? Currently I have no idea, but also no time to think about such issues, if you are really interested in this game, you'll have to come with some ideas.

Parsley

Only concerned because I have to deal with it everyday at work.  :/

--------------------

Freeciv is a network game - already multiplayer...

& is open code - no rights associated with it.

But yeah, adding a time-limit for each move & making the maps small would allow for quicker games;  or a save game option... something along those lines.

Don't have time to commit to anything like making a webpage tho!

matlu

Ok, I'll have a look at Freeciv and see how it works