• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Subspace Beacons

Started by jimmyjo, April 15, 2005, 06:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyjo

Whats the status on these? As far as im aware they have not been implemented yet as I have never seen them in use.

matlu

No, haven't.
I will do it as soon as possible

If I could work fulltime just on duelboard, everything would be great. But unfortunately I have other fulltime job

zzboots

Quote from: matlu on April 15, 2005, 06:12:00 PM
No, haven't.
I will do it as soon as possible

If I could work fulltime just on duelboard, everything would be great. But unfortunately I have other fulltime job

To quote Bart Simpson "Work is for chumps."

Beacons, alien blob, and disrupter, electropulse type actions are the only milestones left  to go.  So just be patient.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

matlu

Ok you'll have beacons very soon, but I have questions first:
- should they be attackable?
- should they disappear when their owner (creater) is killed?

<edit>
So it looks like they can be attacked. But may you also attack your own beacons? Because probably it should be possible, when enemy commander enters one... What about attacking (your own) empty beacons?

matlu

lol, I managed to program it, before anybody answered.
Here is how it's going to work:

- empty beacons belong to player who created them (and they will disappear when the player is killed)
- beacons (both empty and occupied) may be attacked by oponent monsters
- enemy commander may enter your beacons (instead of attacking it), and he will capture this beacon (he becomes new owner)

That's all, I'm not sure if it worked exactly same way in cw

ZAPTONE_Z

heres how it used to work:

you couldnt attack your own beacons
a beacon could only be attacked if someone was in it
anyone can enter someone elses beacon

matlu

hm, now you can attack empty beacons. Maybe I'll change it, I have to think about it

flamingdragon

Quote from: matlu on April 16, 2005, 05:21:33 PM
hm, now you can attack empty beacons. Maybe I'll change it, I have to think about it

i like being able to attack empty beacons(as long as they dont lock you in combat)
Adun Toridas, Executor.

zzboots

In the old game, I don't know if it was possible to attack your own beacons if someone else occupied them.

But like the turrets, a monster should have an availible movement left in order to attack the beacon.  Engaged in enemy should never happen.  Although if an enemy monster is adjacent, the person could move and attack either the monster or the beacon. (I hope thats clear.)

Then don't forget you get a new item after the third turn. ;)
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

matlu

- getting new item should work
- I noticed that beacons block enemy movement (make enemy engaged), I will fix it
- I also noticed that quick-info is a bit broken (at least for transports), will fix it as well