• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

time

Started by flamingdragon, April 16, 2005, 07:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamingdragon

what time zone is the forum using?
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

not really sure. It is either GMT +1 or GMT +2.
It is one hour ahead my local time (which is GMT +1), but situation here is a bit complicated, because for some stupid reason we use one timezone in summer, and different in winter (shifted by one hour). Don't know how exactly it works.

flamingdragon

Quote from: matlu on April 16, 2005, 07:45:05 PM
for some stupid reason we use one timezone in summer, and different in winter (shifted by one hour).

you mean daylight savings time?
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

Quote from: flamingdragon on April 16, 2005, 07:48:56 PM
you mean daylight savings time?

exactly. Few weeks ago I read somewhere, that they consider cancelling it, as it makes no sense.

flamingdragon

i dont understand it either. its pretty stupid
Adun Toridas, Executor.

BlitzJoker

Daylight savings time, does exactly what the name implys-it saves daylight. I know the scientific explaination has something to do maybe with the earths tilt or eliptical orbit. But its like this. The days constantly get lighter earlier in the day in summer so to compenstate for that they knock the time back so it will continue to get light at a closer time to what we are used to. Other ways half the year it would be light very early and get dark at like 4-5 pm. Think its something like that.

Parsley

They got rid of it in Kazakhstan-MeanTime.

Which means that everybody turns up for meetings 1hr early/1hr late, because nobody ever realises.