• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

promoting this site

Started by matlu, April 20, 2005, 02:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlitzJoker

Well shades in all theory many urls created usually get crawled by google and included in google(or so they say, they also include a free submission incase your site gets "missed"). Anyone who types the words cyberwars, or gamesdomain or any other word on my site(http://www.geocities.com/cyberwarsforever/index.html) will already get my site included in their results. But as for a duelboard community, I wouldn't suggest making it for the sole purpose of promotion, but if you had a legitimate reason then go for it.

Shades

thats true, one of my sites gets up there when you search "ronx" but uhm.. who ever searches that lol

exiledragon

I added 3 players to the base sofar  :P
Game user name = AnkleBiter
Calling somone overconfident/unskilled when you are losing is NOT good timing.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript order of the stick

matlu

Could somebody write a "review" for Cyber Battles, or the whole site? I'd like to submit it here: http://internetgames.about.com/library/blsubreview.htm

(Ehm, I think that people like ZZ already have something written on their site)

raikoukami

I think promoting this site is a great idea but its goign to be hard getting some of the old players back...Tell me what i can do to help and i will try to do it

matlu

Quote from: raikoukami on June 04, 2005, 08:27:21 AM
I think promoting this site is a great idea but its goign to be hard getting some of the old players back...Tell me what i can do to help and i will try to do it

Probably best thing is just - to let the people know. If you are member of some other forum/board, just mention it there. Preferably in some decent way, so it doesn't look like spam.
I have no other ideas, if you have some idea, just do it.

Rob Gambino

I've put a publication at a runescape fan site forum in the off topic boards, hopefully that will bring back some players.

matlu

Quote from: Rob Gambino on June 12, 2005, 05:29:44 PM
I've put a publication at a runescape fan site forum in the off topic boards, hopefully that will bring back some players.

thank you, it would be good. This lack of players makes me desperate - I started to work on mmorpg, thinking that it could be more succesful

cDigital

What is the mmorpg you speak of? 

Quotesure, quick-and-ugly is better than stolen.  (but it doesn't apply to quick-and-TOO-ugly Smiley  There should be some limit )

I don't think it will be incredibly hard to beat Jagex art.  I always thought their art was quick and ugly.  The Queen was nice, the jetpack guy was on par with some good ASCII art.  The stealing of the battle mech idea, or jedi lightsabre wasn't incredibly imaginative, but the Mech looked nice! 

How a dinosaur relates to the theme with a mech & Jedi I don't know.  Maybe it's futuristic DNA cloning of predators, or maybe it's a blend of past and future that makes no sense unless Andrew Grower was smoking some good hemp when he made it.   

FYI, those of you who want to take out watermarked images such as Digimarc's there is a program called unZign.

matlu

Quote from: cDigital on June 18, 2005, 11:22:07 AM
What is the mmorpg you speak of? 

Doesn't exist yet :) Is under heavy development

cDigital

Is it possible to buy/rent the email list from the old GD site?  Massmail.  Most of the people here were older players activly searching for cyberwars it seems.  What if you search them out.. Targeted audience that already like your games.

When you talk price, mention most were kids, they most likely have different emails by now etc..  Thats just for negotiate.  As old as it is I think it has great potential. 

zozefup

(read the second paragraph if you want the point.)

I didn't read most of the post on this forum, so I hope I'm not repeating what someone else said.  Iv already shown this game to 6 people, but only 1 stayed with the game.  This is a hard game to understand.  The other 5 left because they didn't want to lose 200 times before understanding the game. 

I think there needs to be some in-depth rules, to explain everything.  And maybe some basic strategy too.

matlu

Quote from: zozefup on June 19, 2005, 12:13:09 PM
Iv already shown this game to 6 people, but only 1 stayed with the game.
1 from 6 - it's not SO bad  ;)

QuoteI think there needs to be some in-depth rules, to explain everything.  And maybe some basic strategy too
excellent idea. I also that the manual is very brief. But I really have no time nor language skills to improve it :(
If anybody's willing to donate some tutorials, guides or whatever I will put it on the site

Also I've seen some people to have some guides for cyberwars on their sites, maybe they could be revamped a bit and donated?  ::)

BlitzJoker

Quote from: matlu on June 19, 2005, 12:29:45 PM
Also I've seen some people to have some guides for cyberwars on their sites, maybe they could be revamped a bit and donated?  ::)

I suppose I could edit my "Complete Expaination of Cyber Wars" (http://www.geocities.com/cyberwarsforever/information.html") to serve as a complete explaination for new players....This actually seems to be more of a good idea, now that I rethink it(I have considered it before) since I hope it explained much of it originally to matlu, whom also never played the game. I will just have to finish it, and take out any of the comments I made specifically for matlu.

This was also made assuming all of the things were programmed in. So it would be great if whisper and the few remaining items are finished....but I understand matlu is busy.

If you think it's a good idea, I'll finish it up for you. It would be helpful if people would read over it and clarify anything I labeled as "(I think)" or other comments of that nature. Also if anything is wrong, I would like to know. Those corrections could be e-mailed to me at: blitzjoker@yahoo.com or simply posted on the forum.

It's not ment to give any advice, simply a summary of how it works.

T3h luggage

I'll try and advertise as much as I can by linking it from my sprite thread on Bob and George, and a few other sites... That may help.