• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

alien goo and fire

Started by flamingdragon, April 30, 2005, 11:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamingdragon

if you make alien goo and fire (both yours) do they go over each other?
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

I'm not sure what exactly do you mean

both fire and goo will spread only to field which is empty or with enemy monster. If there is anything else (enemy building, your own building, your own monster, other fire or goo) it will not spread there

flamingdragon

ok, just making sure it couldnt go over your own fire
Adun Toridas, Executor.

kaoss

omg so much talk about fire and goo nuttin wrong with them, just play the game and enjoy :D

Bakster

I think fire/goo should be able to go over your own monster. If you purposely set a fire in a building, and get stuck trying to escape, will the fire dance around you? NO.

zzboots

Quote from: Bakster on May 15, 2005, 03:36:25 PM
I think fire/goo should be able to go over your own monster. If you purposely set a fire in a building, and get stuck trying to escape, will the fire dance around you? NO.
The game is fantasy.  When is the last time you saw an acid spitter?
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

BlitzJoker

Quote from: zzboots on May 16, 2005, 01:39:48 AM
The game is fantasy. When is the last time you saw an acid spitter?

NOO way.........thanks for ruining it for me  :-\.

ultswordsman

Bakster

Quote from: zzboots on May 16, 2005, 01:39:48 AM
The game is fantasy.  When is the last time you saw an acid spitter?

I still stick with my point >:(

zzboots

Just to let you guys know, the day someone dresses up like one of the monsters is the day I quit the game.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

HellsRage666

Lmao ZZ. Seriously you guys, its a game, just play it.

BlitzJoker

Quote from: zzboots on May 19, 2005, 03:01:03 AM
Just to let you guys know, the day someone dresses up like one of the monsters is the day I quit the game.

Why!?!?! I would suggest a duelboard role-playing party for next month!! ;)

zozefup

Oh yea,   I'd be there!

zozefup

Just wondering,  how did you program the goo to spread.  Whats the chances of it spreading?  If the goo has only 1 empty space to spread, compared to 8 empty spaces..  do they both have equal chance to spread?

Does dressing up as a commander count as a monster?

matlu

QuoteJust wondering,  how did you program the goo to spread.  Whats the chances of it spreading?
don't remember the number right now, but there is certain fixed probability for a goo-cell to spread

If the goo has only 1 empty space to spread, compared to 8 empty spaces..  do they both have equal chance to spread?
no, they don't have same chance. I was lazy and I did it simpler way.  Direction to which the goo spreads is computed randomly, and if it for some reason cannot spread that way then nothing happens. So if your own monster, or any building touches the goo, it may slow it down (statistically)