• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

More suggestions!

Started by Misterklister, March 19, 2005, 11:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misterklister

I was just thinking about random drops. Like near the end of the game, where everyone has used up their "ace" and then a crate drops down, in the middle of nowhere, containing a random creature or whatever necessary to fight evil.

zzboots

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

matlu

Perhaps something like:  When you spend ALL your actions (except holodetect of course), you get additional 2 random actions to your hand  (this could pretty well prevent most 'tie' situations and would not disturb game balance I think)

zzboots

Quote from: matlu on March 20, 2005, 01:56:11 PM
Perhaps something like:  When you spend ALL your actions (except holodetect of course), you get additional 2 random actions to your hand  (this could pretty well prevent most 'tie' situations and would not disturb game balance I think)
Only problem with this is that it drags an already long game on even longer.  If its not going to end, why extend it?  Just make the game go into a draw after 50 rounds. :)
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Michael

Well, by adding in two extra actions after you've used up everything, it could help turn the game around for the person who is about to lose.

*We are all destined for greatness*

TheMcCool

I don't like the idea, it would change the game more than you think. Once you use most of your good things, it's usually a good idea to have holodetect ready, save a few aces up your sleeve, etc. But this would give people a reason to use all their stuff as quickly as possible.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

ZAPTONE_Z

agreed with above poster

just make it draw after 50 turns

Odin

Subspace beacons would more or less prevent it anyway. Otherwise it probably should be a draw (likely would be too with fire and alien blob unless a commander gets killed by it from moving into the opponent's fire/blob).
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham