• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Freezing

Started by AgileSabre, March 24, 2006, 10:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgileSabre

I have seen that a bunch of people disconnect, I havent ever really disonnected from the game per say but every once in a while the screen freezes.  The game screen just stays the same with none of the images animating.  Then I need to restart my computer to play again.  (When I try to restart the game it doesnt load.  When you press a game link the little progross bar comes up but only goes maybe 1/25th of the way and it doesn't have the actual progress marked as 10% done or whatever, it just goes a little bit and stops).  When I restart my computer it is back to normal.  This usually happens when my computer has been on for a while.  This never has really happened to me in any other game, but it seems like it is an isolated case.

For technical use:
Computer: iMac G5
Broswer:Safari

matlu

I have no chance to test the game on Mac computer :( It is quite possible that there is some Mac - specific problem.... but.... I really cannot test it as I have none Mac.

Dodger

Never heard of this problem before...

matlu

AgileSabre, I really cannot help you with this problem.

But, ehm, you could help me :) I would need someone with Mac to test new games I'm working on. Some similar problems were already reported and I have no way to test it myself. Could you do it for me? If yes I would email you details.

AgileSabre

Of course, I am always willing to help :).

TheHissyCat

:-\ I am new to the new rook site but played in the old as HissyCat.
but I have frozen up twice today in middle of game.  Is there still booting or is it a computer glitz on my end?

I feel bad for the p. I was playing with because it gives them (and me) the status of abandonded games and also because I cant talk, I cannot come back and explain or even confirm if it happened to others at the table. ???

At this rate I am going to have a bad reputation before I get started and no one will want to play with me.  I just like to play and have fun, my attitude is its a game....I play to win but my life isnt destroyed if I loose, and yes its possible for partners to make mistakes, and mistakes can be forgiven....also goes for opponents.

but alas I cannot speak yet though i have played almost 30 games and am red in ratings.

sigh....thanks for listening....just have mercy on a poor ole kitty,   and lets play rook! ;D