• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Rook addiction

Started by Ravenbird, September 06, 2008, 03:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravenbird

Can someone please tell me how I can get my computer unbanned so I can play rook? My son admitted to cussing on the site and now we are both banned. Why can't just the individual person be banned?  I've seen people talk really bad in the games and nothing done about it. I know my son has learned his lesson because he has got his rook addiction from me. Please help. Thanks.

matlu

QuoteWhy can't just the individual person be banned?
Because it's not possible.

QuoteMy son admitted to me that he cussed and that he was sorry but if you ban every person that every cussed you would have to ban almost everyone.
I don't agree. You generalized too much. We know now that your son is "not very well behaved", but it really doesn't mean that "almost everyone" would have to be banned. There are many people who never had a problem, simply because they have decent vocabulary and can respect other people.
Another thing is that since it's not easy to get unbanned, people seem to watch out and there is less need to ban somebody.

QuoteI've seen people talk really bad in the games and nothing done about it.
Is that an excuse? E.g. if they catch a thief, should they let him go because they did not catch other thieves?

I understand that people need a second chance, and I will "pardon" banned people in few days so they can play again, but I won't do it very often, people who get banned again will stay banned for... very long.

Ravenbird

So we will be  pardoned this time?