• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Jet Pack

Started by BlitzJoker, March 22, 2005, 05:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlitzJoker

I noticed that the jetpack allowed a commander to move 4 spaces. This may not seem like a big deal to some but it gives commanders with jetpacks a huge unfair advantage in the 1 on 1 commander duel. The problem is when a commander with a jetpack is left on a board with a commander with no movement upgrades the commander with the jetpack will win 100% of the time.

Im not sure how to explain it in a simple form....
When a commander has 4 movement it allows him to move so there is 3 spaces between him the other commander. The other commander can move 1 space closer and then the jetpack commander can attack.....and if the commander lives he can move 1 space closer again, but still not be in range to attack. The jetpack commander could then move three spaces away and repeat the process with no danger.  When a commander only has three movement spaces this can not occur and if the plain commander survives the first attack he will get a chance to attack the jetpack commander.

matlu

yes, Odin already mentioned, that jetpack should only provide +2 bonus (thus 3 movement with flying). I will fix it

flamingdragon

Quote from: BlitzJoker on March 22, 2005, 05:30:30 AM
The problem is when a commander with a jetpack is left on a board with a commander with no movement upgrades the commander with the jetpack will win 100% of the time.

More like 99.99% of the time, it would actually be possible for the non upgraded commander to win, just not very likely.........at all.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

This thread was made on my 16th birthday!

flamingdragon

Adun Toridas, Executor.