• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Darn...

Started by T3h luggage, August 31, 2010, 06:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T3h luggage

...I miss this all.  I think I may release the graphics under cc-by on Open Game Art so everyone can use them, and maybe someone else will make a try at this.  That would be neat.  I'll link them here if I do.
It's kinda weird looking back at them, and seeing how little I knew and how much I've learned in the mean time.  You can see newer stuff here: http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/12198.htm
I guess that's all I have to say about all that... xD

matlu

you are a great artist, I wish I could draw like this

T3h luggage

Thanks dude.  I hope that Rook(and/or whatever else you're doing these days) is going well.

Also, revamped critters are done!  Here's a link: http://opengameart.org/content/cyberwars-tileset-mini-32x32-scifi-creature-icons.  Took less time than I thought.

flamingdragon

Very nice work man, those are sweet.

Don't suppose there's any chance of you updating the game with those, Matlu? Me and a few others still play quite a bit.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

Me and a few others still play quite a bit.
You are more persistent than I expected :)

Don't suppose there's any chance of you updating the game with those, Matlu?
Sure, give me several days

T3h luggage

@Matlu:  Awesome!  =D   I may do the commanders too at some future point.

Quick question: does anyone have a complete list of creature's/buildings/effect's stats/a link to one?  A developer of a different chaos clone was interested in making his own version and was asking about them.

SiR gUt

THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

matlu

So I uploaded the new graphics, I like the slimes.

Luggage, please PM me your email, I will send you the list of creature's stats and some question too.

I remember that there already was another clone (dragon wars or something like that), but I guess they gave up. Actually it's more work than people think :|

T3h luggage

Dragon wars actually got pretty far (nice graphics set, (pretty well) working betas, etc), but the main dev moved to spain, so last I heard it's on hold.
@gut: will do.
@matlu: will also do, and thank you very much!

flamingdragon

Well the programmer for DW quit. Then we got another one. Then he quit.

We are currently actively trying to get another. And by we I mean me. -_-

The game is actually almost finished though. It's not currently hosted since...we have no idea how to host it, but it's pretty playable already.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

T3h luggage

Ah, ok, cool.  Yeah, the demos I played were really quite impressive.

Dodger

Quote from: flamingdragon on September 26, 2010, 03:41:38 AM
Well the programmer for DW quit. Then we got another one. Then he quit.

We are currently actively trying to get another. And by we I mean me. -_-

The game is actually almost finished though. It's not currently hosted since...we have no idea how to host it, but it's pretty playable already.

I'd love to know at what stage the coding is at. I've looked at it once, but it seemed pretty damn badly documented.

Dodger

Also, if you like I could host it for you. No-one seems to know but I'm already hosting the DW website on my server.

Contact me at james@ivings.org.uk if you're interested, since I only pop on here occasionally and don't frequent MSN either.

flamingdragon

So I managed to find a programmer and the game is now running again at http://www.dragonwars.net/alpha.html and work on it has continued.

:)

Would be nice if we could move that over to the site on your server though...
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

Tell your programmer to make it work for single player too (as in cyberbattles). It's not much fun, but it's good to test how the game works when there's noone else around.