• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

TRAM ISN'T RIGHT!

Started by Ms_Deal, December 22, 2010, 10:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms_Deal

Matlu, I was in a game and I had the bid.  There were 3 cards left to play, two of my cards were 'off suits' and I had the high cards left in those suits.  The other card was a trump, it was the high trump left.  I had miscounted my trumps and thought they were all in.  I was expecting to see the tram option to click and it didn't come up.  That told me there was another trump out.  Suppose there was no tram option and I was thinking all my cards were good.  Suppose i had led one of my off suits, thinking they were high and 'good', and  the player on the other team had trumped that card, they would have set me.  But, since the tram option is here, that told me, ahh I miscounted trumps, so the tram option gave me the upper advantage to win the hand.  They could have set me if there wasn't a tram option.  So there is a flaw there and it gives the bidder an advantage in the game.   Then another night I was playing.  The other team had the bid.  I had 2 trumps left, but the person with bid 'trammed'.  There is another flaw, tram shouldn't have been an option for him if trumps were still out.  But the main flaw is when the bidder thinks he/she has all trumps in, and the tram doesn't appear, it could change the whole outcome of the game.

Thank you,
_MsDeal_

P.S. Thank you for this site which we get to play on, and even though you have never said it, I know you thank all of us who pay to play and the ones that play for free.

hammike

In your second game you described the bidder obviously had all trumps and all of theirs were bigger trumps than the 2 you had left.
eaten today? thank a farmer!

Ms_Deal

In my game..if I had led my off suit the other team would have trumped it and set me.  But when the tram option didn't show, I realized there were more trumps out, therefore, I led trumps again and got that last trump out.

Ms_Deal

In the second game, there may have been the possibility of me trumping an off suit, who knows, the tram option let him tram the hand.

Ms_Deal

Guess Matlu didn't see a need to respond.... ::)

matlu

I'm sorry, I'm really very busy with Spades, and some other necessary changes and I cannot pay attention to this now.

Anyway I think that if it gives you some edge you should use it to your advantage... it could be one of few things that separate good player from average, one of skills in a game where luck matters a lot. What do you think? :)

Ms_Deal

I completely disagree.  It gives the non-skilled player the advantage.  So there isn't a need for the skilled player......It's a flaw that needs to be fixed or just remove the tram feature..  I know it's hard to admit when you are wrong, I've had to do that plenty of times.   Thank you for the site...and do you have a Spades site also?

MMAN

He is adding Spades to duelboard. We also have a Spades League coming with it. www.myleague.com/killerspades

hammike

Shouldn't the discussion about spades and the spades league be in its own thread?
eaten today? thank a farmer!

Ms_Deal

Since you all are talking about Spades....Why can't I get into Spades? ???

MMAN

Geez folks! I'm talking about it I was answering a question...

MMAN

I mean Im not talking about Spades* and why everytime i say something about spades someone has something negative to say about it. Btw this is a General Discussion (Means anything)