• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Mods Needed

Started by MMAN, March 01, 2011, 09:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMAN

Matlu, I know you have said in the past that you don't need more moderators, however you are mistaken. Maybe it is just a trust issue. This site has gotten out of control. Every single day there is someone bad mouthing another player in the lobby. Some or maybe even most of the rude behavior is coming from people making "hider names". You have several mods but none are ever here. I really do believe you need to make 1 or 2 people mods that are actually going to be here to monitor this site. I like to play rook on this site and play in the tourneys but this issue has gone way over board. So please consider making more mods.

Ms_Deal

YES, mods are needed.   People in the lobby want to talk rude and hateful to others all the time.   Now the cursing is getting bad.  But, I told you all when rook went back to free Matlu wouldn't come around anymore.

howareu

I agree that mods are needed and I don't understand the 'no mods when the site is free' comment.  Surely you see that this is when they are needed THE MOST.

I have offered and still stand ready to become a moderator - on my own time and certainly without renumeration!  I want to be a moderator simply because I love the game and appreciate the fact that we have a site like this on which to play.  But play sometimes becomes difficult, embarrassing, frustrating and downright mean which COULD BE STOPPED! 

I have years of experience as a USTA tennis umpire - thus am capable of dealing with strong personalities and negotiating players back to calm playing status, or removing them from play- all without favoritism and with utmost honesty.  I owe no allegience to friends or partners, and in fact, would actually be less tolerant of them than others.

I am asking again to let me help this site and other players by becoming a mod and upholding your rules of 'no vulgar language' on Duel Board as well as promoting fair play and good sportsmanship.

Please renig on your plan of no mods during free play and hear those of us who are, in actuality, this site's biggest supporters-wanting a level playing field for all who play here.

Sincerely,
Ann Kendrick
"Howareu"