• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

WTF! Can't load cyber battles for like the past 2 years

Started by Hawk, March 13, 2017, 06:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

not that anybody's reading or plays this fucking awesome game anymore because it's like 203984209 years old and the internet ain't fucking w java no more but....... yall it will not load for me and i'm in phase 5 withdrawal. what i would GIVE to see that empty fucking lobby!!

Your security settings have blocked an application from running with an out-of-date or expired version of Java.

@#&@() I've added the site to the Exceptions List and the lowest security setting I can set Java to is High.... what in. the. motherloving. god. do. I . DO? who do i pay to get this game re-done and treated RIGHT?

matlu

Uh, maybe you need to update to latest version of java? Or maybe there is some other problem, I'll try to get it working.

matlu

Well, it's a sad story.

Mozilla/Firefox completely removed support for java applets in web browser. Some for Chrome. Instead they suggest to switch to "java webstart technology". I don't know yet how difficult it is to switch, I will have to look into it.

With Internet Explorer I managed to run the game, but it requires some tinkering.
1. In Internet Explorer, go to Internet Options/Security and use the slider to change security level to "Medium"  (medium-high is not enough)
2. In windows Control Panel, find java control. E.g. in Windows 7 click Start button / Control Panel and type java in search box. OR in Control Panel, click "Programs" and the java control should be there.
Once in java control, go to "security" tab, and add    http://duelboard.com   to exception site list. You need to add whole path, including /old
Then it works.

BTW I am impressed somebody still cares about CB at least little bit.

<edit>
Now I see, while the game loads, it still won't work. It cannot connect to the server. Due to some increased security restrictions for java. I'll try to investigate what can be done about it.

matlu

It's... working!
Click "Launch". Accept security warning. It will work.

You still need to add http://duelboard.com to "Exception site list", in java settings, in windows control panel.

Tinderbox

Ohhhh!

I was just thinking about CB the other day and thought I'd have a quick look in here. I was gutted that it wasn't working properly in browser (Vivaldi 1.10, based on Chromium). I'm stoked to see some activity up here still. Also impressed that I remembered my user/pw. :)

arghmeinaugen

Pressing Launch, just downloads a file "game.jnjp" or something.

What's the score people, how can I get me some sweet Cyber Wars action???

matlu

I can run the game, but only from Internet Explorer, with latest java installed, and after changing some settings as mentioned in above posts (java security settings).

Unfortunately both java and flash are recently becoming "unpopular" for browser games, and various web browsers somehow limit or cripple the support. Nowadays it's preferred to write browser games in html5. Well, I am considering rewritting cyber wars in html5. (Of course, I don't think people will start playing it, I will do it just as an exercise for myself)

arghmeinaugen

Sounds good, I'll definitely be on that.

Not sure if I can bring myself to download Internet Explorer....

MarionT

Quote from: arghmeinaugen on May 19, 2017, 01:18:18 PM
Sounds good, I'll definitely be on that.

Not sure if I can bring myself to download Internet Explorer....

I know. I.e sucks but it appears to be the only way.

Hawk

Matlu I could kiss you. Changed the settings as you said and the new Launch works perfectly. Thanks for making it work.

I didn't expect you to be active or even willing to attend to CB, so this really has made my day.

While you're here, guess it wouldn't hurt to ask - would you consider extending the amount of time the player has to view the selection screen? I believe it's about 1 minute.
I'd like to teach some of my friends how to play, but when the selection screen disappears so quickly, it's hard to acquaint them with all the creatures/defences/commander mods etc. and besides that, sometimes I need a little more time to choose anyway.

Fuuuck this is exciting. Let's play, people!

arghmeinaugen

I'm on mac, anyone know how I can play?

The ghost of Steve Jobs keeps preventing my IE download

xeltin

Quote from: matlu on April 05, 2017, 11:13:29 AM
Well, it's a sad story.

Mozilla/Firefox completely removed support for java applets in web browser. Some for Chrome. Instead they suggest to switch to "java webstart technology". I don't know yet how difficult it is to switch, I will have to look into it.

With Internet Explorer I managed to run the game, but it requires some tinkering.
1. In Internet Explorer, go to Internet Options/Security and use the slider to change security level to "Medium"  (medium-high is not enough)
2. In windows Control Panel, find java control. E.g. in Windows 7 click Start button / Control Panel and type java in search box. OR in Control Panel, click "Programs" and the java control should be there.
Once in java control, go to "security" tab, and add    http://duelboard.com   to exception site list. You need to add whole path, including /old
Then it works.

BTW I am impressed somebody still cares about CB at least little bit.

<edit>
Now I see, while the game loads, it still won't work. It cannot connect to the server. Due to some increased security restrictions for java. I'll try to investigate what can be done about it.

Hey Matlu!! Me and my brother, and possibly some other people wanna hop back on here and play Cyber battles again! We both have Mac's but I think it should still work with Accepting the exceptions and everything, but it still keeps telling us "Connecting to server..." "Unable to connect!". Is there a way around this?? We really just want to get back on and re live old times, We're both running Java 8, but I think it can still work, thanks!

matlu

the game server was not running, please try again and let me know