• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Cyber Battles Guide

Started by BlitzJoker, June 23, 2005, 09:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlitzJoker

Well, upon request, I have started to type up a guide that really tells the newbies of the game how it works.  I have only began typing it, but want to make sure it's what everyone is looking for. It is/will be very in depth. I decided to test out my newly learned CSS skills(yea I know it's simple) to this, so I have uploaded it to my old site. I won't really need any help with the guide, except maybe people to look it over, and see for grammer/spelling mistakes(but only when it's done, not worrying about that now and still haven't spell checked it).

The URL is http://www.geocities.com/cyberwarsforever/strat.html .

<edit 6/23 1:36 PM>Completed more and uploaded, guide now covers up to usage of items.
<edit 6/27 5:52 PM>Uploaded the text to complete usage.
<edit 7/07 7:12 PM>Uploaded movement section.

matlu

Quote from: Parsley on June 23, 2005, 11:33:28 AM
http://www.csszengarden.com/

Nice, I've seen it before :)

Anyway, I would prefer to use "most compatible" techniques, to make sure it also runs on older, or exotic browsers. for example many browsers have problem with "float"

BlitzJoker

BladeSabre

zzboots

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

BlitzJoker

zzboots

Quote from: BlitzJoker on June 27, 2005, 07:15:30 AM
Definitely wasn't your own  ;)
:'( :'( :'(

A dagger to my heart.  Crush my dreams of one day having a fine website.  Now what is this boy to do, besides rebuild my broken heart.
-William G. McAdoo

BlitzJoker

I am terribly sorry for crushing your dreams, but not everyone is cut out for clean coding......you're one of those people.

Well you have two options. Cry to a whole hearted experienced web designer that knows HTML and can teach you/make a site for you. -or- Use a What You See Is What You Get editor, like Microsoft Front Page(which will probably still give you unclean code.....not to mention a horribly looking page).

matlu

BlitzJoker, you are doing great job and the guide looks good :)  (well, at least better than anything else on Duel Board :)

Parsley

Use W3schools for coding @ work.

& they think I can shit html out like I've been munching on a binary vindaloo.

BlitzJoker

Now the question is raised, since there are cosmetic changes, should the screen shots also be changed? I did make sure that in the screens all monsters are updates ones, but with changes(like chatbox) does it really matter?

Also forgot to mention all comments in '//     \\" are comments that I wasn't sure if they should be added.

I have a few other things to sort out, and will be unable to do any work on the guide for the next few days.

<edit> I'll be gone until Thursday, with no internet access. Thus meaning the guide will be postponed even longer. I would like to add that zz(with a little help from me) has been cooking up a little surprise for everyone, but not sure when he will reveal it...he might wait until after my absence.

matlu

well, images can be replaced easily later, you don't have to bother with it right now. It's also possible (though not likely) that there will be more cosmetic changes :)

QuoteI would like to add that zz(with a little help from me) has been cooking up a little surprise for everyone
We are looking forward for the surprise :)

zzboots

Good news ladies and gents.  I have finished my strategy guide.  I consulted the top players and came to a general agreement on which information should be included.  Sadly I cannot tell you who shared with me their strategies for fear that they will no longer be able to implement them.  I hope that everyone will enjoy them and find them to be useful.  Any feedback would be most appreciative.  Enjoy!

http://www.geocities.com/cyberwarsforever/strat.html

:) ;) :D ;D :o 8) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-*  << these smilies are for YOU, special someone. wink wink.
-William G. McAdoo

Rob Gambino

I don't like this guide very much.