• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

we have a serious bug here

Started by dragon75, July 04, 2005, 12:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon75

while i was playing, a player by the name of 'joey' beamed a spideroid and a mech down in the same game in the first 5 turns. for two games in a row. i play a game, and i did the same. we have a beamdown bug for the strong creatures. i am not kidding, this is serious.
"castle it was called, and many did play. cyber wars, battlethingz, MM, crypt. the games i did play and it is for the love of the game i stay."-me

matlu

wow, this is very original complaint - people mostly complain that they cannot beam down a thing :)

Seriously, I don't think there is a bug. I tried it myself right now and it seems to behave ok. The guy had to be extremely lucky. And to beam down spideroid at default 20% is not SO unlikely. Everybody would be so lucky if there was some bug.
I also don't think that it's possible to cheat.

Bakster

Yes, I played this guy who repeatedly beamed down Spiders and stuff on consecutive games. About 50% of the big monsters failed. I forgot his name.

matlu

Quote from: Bakster on July 04, 2005, 03:47:56 PM
Yes, I played this guy who repeatedly beamed down Spiders and stuff on consecutive games. About 50% of the big monsters failed. I forgot his name.

Well it should be worse then 50% (while the alignment is neutral). But luck is strange thing, anyway

dragon75

mmmmmmmm mat, i don't think it was extreme luck. i mean, i beamed down a spideroid in the first turn. that doesn't happen. to be truthful, you need to stop being naive. it happened, and it wasn't luck. it was a bug. and i am sticking to my story.
"castle it was called, and many did play. cyber wars, battlethingz, MM, crypt. the games i did play and it is for the love of the game i stay."-me

matlu

Dragon, no offence but I really suggest you to wait some time till you have lessons from statistics at your school, and maybe some things become obvious then.

T3h luggage

Quote from: dragon75 on July 14, 2005, 07:22:04 AM
mmmmmmmm mat, i don't think it was extreme luck. i mean, i beamed down a spideroid in the first turn. that doesn't happen. to be truthful, you need to stop being naive. it happened, and it wasn't luck. it was a bug. and i am sticking to my story.
Dude, I used to do that all the time!  It was fun, terrorising the entire board.  It's a 1-in-5 chance.

StarSabre

I agree. I've done luckier things than that. Today on the other hand I failed one mech warrior on 90% and then another (from a beacon) on 80% in the same game. That's the same odds as beaming a spider and a mech and nobody was saying OMG U CHEAT. ;)
-Crosses Sabre-

The_Gu3st

:D

Topic created date:

July 3rd, 2005.  :P

Dodger

I failed a 90% mech in a tourny  :-[ lost us the game.

Big monsters fail more  :(

Bakster