• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

percentages for cyber battles

Started by Adam, July 09, 2005, 05:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Gu3st

Quote from: zzboots on July 13, 2005, 05:03:34 AM
Also perhaps, that people are sending more holos than you realize.

Doug, before saying something like this, keep into consideration a persons strategy. Suppose the alignment is tech 5 and you are scared someone will beam a spider or mech. The only way to put down a mech monster and not have the alignment go up is to put down a hologram. I, personnaly, have made hologram jeeps, drones, probes, hatchlings, you name it. Im not trying to flame you, honestly, but dont try and discourage someones playing style to suit yours.

Bakster

If you're playing a newb and they summon a spider or queen or whatever, I always assume it is real.

Why, you ask?

Because newbs play the game, look at their hand and see a spider. They think "OMFGZ0R IT HAS LIEK T3H BEST STATZ!!!1!" and they try to beam it, whilst ignoring the percentage.

90% of noobs I've played have tried to beam spiders ;D

BladeSabre

QuoteOn to the next matter, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say, "The only way to put down a mech monster and not have the alignment go up is to put down a hologram." Firstly, I don't think it matters if you beam or holo a creature. The alignment changes somewhat randomly, and will go up or down depending on certain factors (e.g. if all players beamed a technology creature, the technology alignment may very well go up; if someone selects tech, or life, 1 or 2, the alignment will likely change, etc).

The Gu3st is right. The alignment includes fractional values that you don't see.

There is no random factor at all: each action has a distinct predetermined effect.

The_Gu3st

And yes doug, i did quote the wrong person for reasons i do not know why. The correct quote was:

Quote from: Douglas_2085 on July 28, 2005, 04:13:03 AM
Anything can be a holo. The only exceptions are things that have a solid 100% chance of beaming. The only time those might be holograms are when new players are basically goofing off (the chances of that are quite unlikely, though).

sorry about that. But yes the factors are predetermined. If every signle player in the game uses only hologram and no power ups or alignment changers, then the aignment will stay neutral. Suppose a 6 player, I holo a mech, you holo a spider, bakster holos a drone  :P, kxb holos a hover tank, Cdigital holos a hovership and ABC holos a laser bot. The alignment will stay neutral, there will be absolutely no change.for every 2 monsters of the same type (mech or alien type i mean by this) the alignment will go up according to the kinds of monsters. Suppose a 4 player, I beam a drone, you beam a probe, abc beams a hovership, and cdigital beams a slime. The alignment should theoretically be Tech 1 because the slime and the hovership were not both of the same type. If everybody except me was to skip their next turn and i put on force armor the alignment would be tech 2. The force armor , for a lack of better words, compensates for the slime that was put down and fills in the missing mechanoid peice to increase the alignment. Just to clear that up for ya.

matlu

right, there is something like hidden fractional part (like BladeSabre said)

The_Guest is close, but not exactly right

When you right click an action in select-action screen you can see the alignment points of each action, it can be 0, Life(1), Life(2), Tech(1), Tech(2)

So each action can contribute up to 2 points. But it actually takes 3 points to see a change. So you have to succesful perform at least 2 Tech actions to actually change world alignment.
The exception from this rule are special alignemnent-change actions, which directly add 1 or 2 to world alignment.

<EDIT> to clarify it a bit more: there is *hidden* alignment value, which you don't see. The *visible* value is equl to *hidden* value divided by number 3.

So if you beam-down a jeep and probe (each of them is Tech(1) ), the actual hidden value will be 2. The visible value is still 0.

BladeSabre

QuoteSo each action can contribute up to 2 points. But it actually takes 3 points to see a change. So you have to succesful perform at least 2 Tech actions to actually change world alignment.
The exception from this rule are special alignemnent-change actions, which directly add 1 or 2 to world alignment.

So, do the special alignment-change actions add 3 (or 6) points?

matlu

Quote from: BladeSabre on July 29, 2005, 03:55:05 PM
So, do the special alignment-change actions add 3 (or 6) points?
exactly. Special alegnment-change actions add 3 or 6 points, everything else adds (or substracts) 0, 1, or 2 points

The_Gu3st

iv e noticed that the alien hatchling and the alien both add 2 alien pts, but what creature on the mech side adds 2 pts?

matlu

you can right click an action to see it. Two tech points add:
tank, hovership, mech warrior, laser robot, hover tank, spideroid

The_Gu3st

Ok thanx. also, I was wondering, is it ever possible for every single person in a 6 player game to get 1 of them same thing (so that all six have say, hatchlings) becuase this was not possible on the old CW

matlu

Quote from: The_Gu3st on July 29, 2005, 07:01:25 PM
Ok thanx. also, I was wondering, is it ever possible for every single person in a 6 player game to get 1 of them same thing (so that all six have say, hatchlings) becuase this was not possible on the old CW

It sure WAS possible. There are only 55 distinct actions. You cannot give full hand to all players without repeating some actions.

The_Gu3st

actions WERE repeated but it was never in the way in which all 6 people had 1 item in common

Adam

yeah ive noticed that and as far as i can tell the hand layouts are on a random number generator, therefore yes it would be possible to have all 6 people get the same action....

also i dont really agree with it taking 3 *hidden* points to change the alignment once.. makes it a little hard to change the alignment and most of the time it stays neutral(almost all the time in 1 on 1 games or 3 player games)

BladeSabre

If the points weren't hidden, then it would be possible to tell by looking at it whether someone had put down a holo.

Adam

yeah im not saying they shouldnt be hidden im saying 3 is too much... maybe 2 which would, yes, make it easier to count but a lot better for alignment to make a difference in 2 and 3 and sometimes 4 player games... the alignment stays neutral far too often when youre playing in low player games... it makes it a lot harder to have an actual strategy when you cant base it on the alignment, which is, or should be, a fairly big part of the game for strategists...