• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

percentages for cyber battles

Started by Adam, July 09, 2005, 05:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BladeSabre

It's always been enough for me, and it's been ages since I've been in a game with more than 3 players.

anima

Being a game a game based on chance, the alignment feature should be expected. I think the games charm comes from the fact that sometimes (most times) you feel  helpless and the game controls you.

But when you do get things in your favour (tech 5 when you have a mech warrior), then it gives you the sense that a superior force (in this case not matlu) is looking after you ::)

matlu

Quotethen it gives you the sense that a superior force (in this case not matlu) is looking after you
There is no other supreme force but Matlu. Praise Matlu, and you will be rewarded   :D

Adam

hey anima you got a little brown something on your nose there :D

yeah praise matlu ;D

and yes it helps when it goes to tech 5 and you have a mech warrior but it never gets to tech 5 or alien 5 unless you have 5 or 6 players... ive noticed that strong monsters(spider, mech warrior, alien queen and pred) are only useful in big games where you have a chance of beaming them down real later in the game, or in small games getting close and making them holos and only having use for 1 turn... it doesnt seem like they get their full use due to the alignment rarely moving in small games

BladeSabre

Quotebut it never gets to tech 5 or alien 5 unless you have 5 or 6 players

Yes it does.

The_Gu3st

It certainly does. I just played a 6 player and the highest we got was life 2.

Adam

wow... all this talk about sarcasm and now it took me a while to catch on that that was actually sarcasm...  :o

yeah... ive never been in a game with less than 4 players where the alignment went past 2 for either alien or technology... not in this version at least... and ive also been in a game with 5 or 6 players where the alignment was neutral the entire time... so its kinda odd that you say the alignment changes all the time...

BladeSabre

If you have 6 players, and between them they do roughly equal numbers of Tech and Life actions, then the alignment will stay near to Neutral. If you have 2 players and they both do mostly Tech actions, it can reach Tech 5 easily. Your strategy must just be different from mine.

Bakster

I've played lots of 3-4 player games where the alignment has reached extremes of Life/Tech 9! Pred was 100%.

Adam

the problem is whenever i have mech warrior and spideroid all my other stuff is mixed low strength tech and mostly life which makes strategy=bad if possible... and then everyone wants to do life monsters so my mech and spider are only good for holos... generally in 2 or 3 player games people have different views of alignment so they try different alignments and it ends up staying neutral...

The_Gu3st

Thats simply the luck of the hand you get. It has nothing to do with odd percentages and alignment changes, but theres always ways around it.

Adam

im not talking about the odd percentages anymore... i already realized thats because of the random number generator :P

Dodger

Okay, have this. I just failed:
70% Lightsabre
80% Force armour
70% Spider
80% Grabber
80% Psi
In a row  :-[

What is the percentage of that happening?

Bakster

30% * 20% * 30% * 20% * 20% = a very miniscule amount.

anima

0.3*0.2*0.3*0.2*0.2 = 0.00072

Hmm so basically less than 1% chance. That is disturbingly low....but possible :D