• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Get logs of gameplay

Started by Immaculato, January 25, 2018, 05:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Immaculato

Is there any way to get a log of played games for later study? (A text file that shows all the moves played)

matlu

I never thought this could be useful. Do people really need this? I mean, I understand people analyze e.g. chess games or similar, but such card game?

Immaculato

2 reasons. 

1. People trying to learn would be useful
2. It can help to identify cheating couples.  (if you look back through gameplay you can see consistent moves that were not viable unless they were communicating)

Also, Do you have any interest in an app client for the site? (Native iOS / Android apps that would allow people to play from their phones)   

matlu

Most important, I need to do something about the web client - since flash is getting "unpopular" and difficult to use.  I have to replace it with html5. I made some progress already, but it will still take some time. Then I would like to have an app to allow play from phones. I am not sure yet if it will be completely native, or I will be able to reuse html5 code (or use some completely different solution). After that I will also consider having a log of played games, but it is not too high on priority list, sorry.