• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Game Server down?

Started by The_Gu3st, July 20, 2005, 11:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Gu3st

Right after finishing a five player today, i was logged out and unable to log back in. Is this because the server went down becuase i tried both computers and neither would let me log in.?

matlu

Well...

I know that there is some problem :(  It happens on regular basis, though very seldom (once per several days, maybe once per week). Suddenly the server freezes. I am able to see at which place of my program if freezes, but I cannot understand why. I should no freeze there at no circumstances.

The_Gu3st

Power outages? I dunno, but it only lasted for about 20 mins or so.

matlu

It's not due to power outage.

I know where exactly is the problem, though I don't understand why is it right there. And I also know how to (likely) fix it, but it will be quite annoying and time consuming task.
In any case, I will sure need to fix it for new MUD game which is currently being developed, so it will also be fixed in these games.

BlitzJoker

Server seems frozen again, happened right after I started a 3 Player game, and canceled with like 2 seconds left. I then started a new game, the other two joined again...and it went to reconnecting screen.

I also found this in Java Console

Connect: www.duelboard.com 8134
reconnecting, isAuthorized:false

don't know if it means anything?

The_Gu3st

I thought it was my connection but your right, I cant log in either.

matlu

QuoteI also found this in Java Console

reconnecting, isAuthorized:false

don't know if it means anything?
It's debug output from the game, doesn't say anything interesting

Ok, to summarize. Very infrequently, but on regular basis the game server freezes for some time. It happens once per several days. According to my logs it also happened few hours ago, the server was frozen for 18 minutes (this is what BlitzJoker reported and The_Guest confirmed).

I know WHERE it happens, and I partly know WHY it happens, but it will be a bit hard to fix. I'll have to totally re-work some parts of the game (communication between the server and player's computers). I already started, I hope it will be finished in several days. Then I'll upload new version, which will probably have many other serious bugs (because I'm doing severe changes to the game), but after they are fixed it will hopefully work better :)

matlu

it's gonna be more complicated than I thought :( I'll have to basically rewrite whole server. I will of course copy&paste majority of the code, but many things will have to be totally changed. Will take a week or so :(

The_Gu3st

Well good luck and may the force be with you. I have a feeling you might need it.

The_Gu3st

game server shut down at approximatly 1:00 eastern time today. Not for long, about 5 minutes.

matlu

This was some other problem, probably internet connection outage (either on your sida, or my IPS)

The_Gu3st

It had to have been yours because everyone i talked to lost connection.

The_Gu3st

Matlu, something odd happened last night. Your entire site went down, not just the game server. About 8-10 hours o your site would not load, we were kicked out of all the games, and it lasted for quite a while. I'd say it was down around 10-15 minutes. What went on?

matlu

there had to be something wrong with my isp

anima

Is it down again? I cannot login.