• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Banned Users

Started by The_Gu3st, July 26, 2005, 12:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Gu3st

Also, you can't expect us to abide by rules no matter how obvious they are, they need to be posted somewhere. Also, if you have time someday matlu, i'd like to discuss my two theorys, not on here though, i wouldnt want anyone getting ideas becuase im pretty sure one theory is undetectable.

The_Gu3st

I see I was ignored, maybe because you feel as if the information is confidential, matlu? Atleast give me a reason you wont tell me if you're not going to.

T3h luggage

Static_man was banned for helping a friend get points (I played a game wit him) The rest were prolly the same or similar.

The_Gu3st

That was one of my theories, but my other theory is almost completely undetectable, or so I think.

Adam

that was why they were all banned... for trading points or just giving points.... nothing is undetectable, as matlu keeps a log of what happens on there... personally i dont feel comfortable with other people discussing why i was banned... it just feels as though everyone is ridiculing me... a mistake is a mistake... if you want to know ask me... if i dont tell you then i dont want everyone to know... its relatively simple...

The_Gu3st

I wasnt trying, or I doubt anyone else was, to ridicule you in any way. I just wanted to know what Those people's mistakes were so we all could know not to commit them ourselves.

Adam

thats why you ask for a list of rules, rather than asking for the latest gossip... i personally hate gossip...

matlu

QuoteI just wanted to know what Those people's mistakes were so we all could know not to commit them ourselves.

I BELIEVE that EVERYONE is able to judge what is FAIR and what is NOT. I also believe that people who were deleted KNOW why it happened, and they REALIZE that their behaviour was unfair.
If you have doubts whether some particular thing is allowed or not feel free to ask here.

T3h luggage

Quote from: Adam on July 31, 2005, 04:43:46 AM
that was why they were all banned... for trading points or just giving points.... nothing is undetectable, as matlu keeps a log of what happens on there... personally i dont feel comfortable with other people discussing why i was banned... it just feels as though everyone is ridiculing me... a mistake is a mistake... if you want to know ask me... if i dont tell you then i dont want everyone to know... its relatively simple...
Not trying to ridicule you in any way, sorry if it comes across that way.  My apologies.  However, it's not as clear as Matlu here is trying to make out...  My friend, for instance, joined recently and has really low points.  Had I not known that this is a particularily touchy matter among CW players, I might have lost a few games with him to bring him up a bit.  I for one don't care about points, as is evident by my rater small amount.  I think the solution to problems of this ort owuld be to add some rules to the rules page, instead of just instructions.  Simple.

The_Gu3st

I second that. And matlu, I would still like to discuss with you about one of my theories that I believe is undetectable. PM me please when you have a chance.

matlu

Quote from: The_Gu3st on August 01, 2005, 03:29:22 AM
I second that. And matlu, I would still like to discuss with you about one of my theories that I believe is undetectable. PM me please when you have a chance.

Feel free to PM me any message. There is no guarantee that I will answer though. I would prefer to not discuss about cheating very much, because cheaters would get smarter if they knew my ways to detect them.
Still you are welcome to PM (or post here) any comment on this topic.

TheMcCool

I think a small amount of points is more indicative of how bad someone is, not how little they care about points. Unless they knowingly make bad strategical decisions to be stylish and/or silly, etc. This may be offensive, but, no offense. ;)
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

T3h luggage

Quote from: TheMcCool on August 02, 2005, 04:59:41 AM
I think a small amount of points is more indicative of how bad someone is, not how little they care about points. Unless they knowingly make bad strategical decisions to be stylish and/or silly, etc. This may be offensive, but, no offense. ;)
It means I don't sacrifice my Cyber Battle-style honor by holoing when up close, or double holoing, or other such moves that rob the game of fun.

Adam

strategy is strategy....

TheMcCool

Eh, I rarely if ever rush and double holo, but I do use holos occasionally. I used to think like you for about half the time I played back in the old Gamesdomain days, but I realized it was part of the game- nothing dishonorable about it whatsoever. That's why there are counter-strategies to use against holos. Holodetecting, deploying weak monsters as blockers, etc.

Instead of thinking something is cheap and dishonorable, accept it as part of the game and develop defenses against it, and implement it into your own strategies. Just a bit of advice... this pretty much applies to any game and will make you a better player.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh