• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Banned Users

Started by The_Gu3st, July 26, 2005, 12:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

and back to this topic... shouldnt smallguy and reg be added to the hall of shame?(i.e the list of players who have been deleted for cheating[remember: winners dont use drugs])

The_Gu3st

Ive already discussed with matlu about smallguy, i have a feeling he was deleted already since his score was at 100 when I saw him a while back.

TheMcCool

Just want to add: there is one thing I truly consider unfair and dishonorable... fagmos who like to team unfairly, with one person on the team having no intention of winning. Whether it be a friend playing as a guest, or one person playing from two different ips via use of proxies, or whatever. Most of the time I don't care, but depending on the situation it can sometimes be very lame.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

The_Gu3st

I can easily second that. Cheaters are overtaking duelboard and we need mods in my opinion.

Adam

smallguy and reg were both deleted that was already said.. but they werent added to the list of deleted people... its lonely up there...

T3h luggage

Quote from: TheMcCool on August 03, 2005, 01:53:33 AM
Eh, I rarely if ever rush and double holo, but I do use holos occasionally. I used to think like you for about half the time I played back in the old Gamesdomain days, but I realized it was part of the game- nothing dishonorable about it whatsoever. That's why there are counter-strategies to use against holos. Holodetecting, deploying weak monsters as blockers, etc.

Instead of thinking something is cheap and dishonorable, accept it as part of the game and develop defenses against it, and implement it into your own strategies. Just a bit of advice... this pretty much applies to any game and will make you a better player.
I know the strategies, and the ways to counter them.  I know that it's not "dishonorable."   It just makes the game less fun.  Which is my sole reason for not doing it.

TheMcCool

Well I guess I can't judge your playstyle without having played you, so no point discussing it further.

edit: Also, I'm having connection troubles again so bleh... I won't be on again for a while.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.

Adam

wow... is it just me or did reg50 get a bunch of points back after he was deleted... in no time... and is now on the board again... in numerous games... undefeated..... and is that odd?

TheMcCool

It is odd, as I've beaten him before and he didn't impress me much. But then again no one does, as I mentally block out any actual losses I've had that weren't due to extremely bad luck, a disconnection, or unfair teaming. I'm the best!

Adam

..................but uhhhhhhh........ so ummm......... yeah................... errr.... that is.... uhhh........................ it is odd huh?

Bakster

So you're saying holos make the game less fun?

Imagine if holos didn't exist. Any element of strategy of skill in DuelBoard would be removed, and it would just be a complete battle of luck. Holograms add a dimension of skill to the game, even if it is a very small dimension.

Yes, it isn't fun if you get killed in Turn 3 on a 4 player game due to holos, but you have to live with it, and learn from your mistakes.

When I threw a tantrum over this game, it wasn't because of holos, it was because of me being extremely unlucky.

To summarize, holos make the game much more exciting.

Adam

so yeah........ as i remember the only game ive really played with reg50 he said i had a mech warrior just because i knew a guy failed beaming one down at 40%... because i can figure out tech 3 adds 30% to tech monsters and mech warrior is 10% which makes it 40% at the time... i had to of had a mech warrior.... the fact that i did means nothing... i didnt need to look at it to tell it was a 40% beam down.... he cant figure that out yet hes such a great player....

T3h luggage

Quote from: Bakster on August 03, 2005, 04:17:26 PM
So you're saying holos make the game less fun?

Imagine if holos didn't exist. Any element of strategy of skill in DuelBoard would be removed, and it would just be a complete battle of luck. Holograms add a dimension of skill to the game, even if it is a very small dimension.

Yes, it isn't fun if you get killed in Turn 3 on a 4 player game due to holos, but you have to live with it, and learn from your mistakes.

When I threw a tantrum over this game, it wasn't because of holos, it was because of me being extremely unlucky.

To summarize, holos make the game much more exciting.
I didn't say that holos make the game less fun.  I said that some uses of holos, especially double or triple holos, take the fun out of the game.

Reg50

Hey how ya doin guys.... Yea i was Deleted for "cheating" which i dont think i did but Matlu I think maybe trading wins should be allowed BUT you need to put A limit on how many times you can play a person until the game becomes non rated just like gamesdomain.

zzboots

Quote from: Reg50 on October 01, 2005, 06:06:58 AM
Hey how ya doin guys.... Yea i was Deleted for "cheating" which i dont think i did but Matlu I think maybe trading wins should be allowed BUT you need to put A limit on how many times you can play a person until the game becomes non rated just like gamesdomain.

This is exactly what ruined battle thingz....
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo