• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Mechanoid and alien world alignment increase

Started by jamesishere, March 26, 2005, 08:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesishere

If you start a new game and select Mechanoid 1 or Alien 1, you have an 80% chance of success, and Mechanoid 2 and Alien 2 has a 70% chance of success. If I remember correctly, it was 60% for #1 and 40% for #2 with a neutral world alignment (as it is at the beginning of a game).

matlu

yep, currently it works exactly as you described, 80% for +1 and 70% for +2.  Uh, well, I can change it if more people find it incorrect...?
But 60% and 40% seems too low to me. It should be at least 70% and 50%... or more.... ?

ZAPTONE_Z

no no no

mech 1 alien 1 was 80% at neutral

mech 2 alien 2 was 60% at neutral

matlu

Quote from: ZAPTONE_Z on March 27, 2005, 01:01:29 AM
no no no

mech 1 alien 1 was 80% at neutral

mech 2 alien 2 was 60% at neutral
<puzzled>
well it's pretty possible that both of you are correct... maybe jagex changed it at some point...

BlitzJoker

These numbers have the probability of being the most accurate.....I got them from ZZ's old site, which I believe he copied from the Sabre's old site. And If I remember correctly the Sabres compiled the list while Cyber Wars was still up and running, although I am not sure.

Mech 1 Chance 70
Mech 2 Chance 60

Alien 1 Chance 70
Alien 2 Chance 60

And another thing is that world alignment wouldnt change percentages for these...

matlu

Ok, it will be 80% and 60% in next update. I like these numbers.

ZAPTONE_Z

Quote from: BlitzJoker on March 27, 2005, 01:45:59 AM

And another thing is that world alignment wouldnt change percentages for these...

world alignment changed the percentages
im 100% certain of that

TheMcCool

Yes it did. I don't think it lowered the chance of the opposing alignment working though. Just worked the same way as creatures.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

Odin

Quote from: ZAPTONE_Z on March 27, 2005, 03:30:59 AM
Quote from: BlitzJoker on March 27, 2005, 01:45:59 AM

world alignment changed the percentages
im 100% certain of that

And I'm 100% certain Mechanoid/Alien 1 were 80% and Mechanoid/Alien 2 were 70% on neutral just as the actions.dat file from the game said. I played far too many games to forget it. Only thing wrong with the actions.dat file was the description of jet pack, saying it gives commander +3 speed.
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham

matlu

Quote from: Rainbow McCool on March 27, 2005, 04:11:33 AM
Yes it did. I don't think it lowered the chance of the opposing alignment working though. Just worked the same way as creatures.
But it WORKS now.

And I think that each of you is correct, but it was changed by jagex at some point, and each of you remembers different status. So it's useless to discuss about it. I like 80/60 and it will be so in next update.

BlitzJoker

80/60 seems like the best choice to me too