• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Question

Started by Hawk, September 07, 2005, 02:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

What is the meaning of life?

haferhole1

to obain as many elephants as possible.

click my egg to get ur own

TheMcCool

To do mildly amusing things all day, in an un-productive way.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

CrazyHazy

To beat me at cyber battles  ;D
C  ~       Perfect Assasins
R    ~
A      ~
Z        ~          The
Y          ~ >---Sabre---> 
H        ~        Killers
A      ~
Z    ~
Y  ~

Bakster

???

That's what it says on google!

anima

Well, this is obviously a humourus topic, because no mere mortal could ever answer such a question. Basically, i have two main thoeries:

1. Life is simple, but man is searching for answers that do not exist. We find it hard to except that life is meaningless (we are here to pointlessly breed and evolve till our tragic demise), so we create ideas about life that give it meaning (hope).

2. There is a creator and thus a great plan. Everyone has a destiny and a purpose in life. The meaning in this case; life is beautiful and full of mystery, which we are meant to understand  and enjoy. A spiritual journey, that explores the ups and downs of life - from this we gain enlightenment :)

Personally, i like the second one...dont know why ??? I do not belong to an official religion, but you cant doubt the existence of a creator. That would be foolish. Life is too marvelous to just happen and life without purpose isnt worth living.

Hope i have been helpful ;)

Parsley

What about if existence is actually insanely complicated, and our minds can't comprehend anything but the dimensions that they are designed to comprehend?

matlu

Purpose of life:

for me - to create multiplayer games
for you - to play them  ;D

(joke)

anima

Quote from: Parsley on September 08, 2005, 01:29:21 PM
What about if existence is actually insanely complicated, and our minds can't comprehend anything but the dimensions that they are designed to comprehend?

My point exactly. Like fish in a pond; only aware of their little world, never knowing what is above the surface. Really, us humans arent that intelligent. We just have enough intelligence to think we are :D This is a philosophical argument, that i think supports the idea of a creator. I mean, things are boring when you know everything.

BlitzJoker

Quote from: matlu on September 08, 2005, 01:30:55 PM
Purpose of life:

for me - to create multiplayer games
for you - to play them  ;D

(joke)

:D

Dodger

Quote from: Bakster on September 08, 2005, 12:50:41 PM

???

That's what it says on google!

Come's from the book "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy", in which a computer was asked the great question and after billions of years, calculated this answer  :D
And conincedently, I read an article today which said that this number is a mojor factor in the equation that caused the universe...or something  ???

Dodger

1. Still the answer.

2. Mojor? I noticed it i just couldn't be bothered to change it, thought I'd give you something to moan about.

3. I'm not talking about fine tuning or whatever...It was actually some equation to do with the start of the universe in which 42 was involved...pfft, i never said it was a good article...

Bakster

Yes, HGTTG does suck a load of balls.

Yes, we are intelligent as we are not aware of anything else that could be more intelligent than us. And we are aware of everything else that is more stupider than us (elephants, mooses, anima...)

Bakster

How do you know? For all you know, the Creator could be a pot smoking douche. :D

Dodger

It would explain a lot.