• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

REGISTRATION

Started by matlu, March 27, 2005, 08:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matlu

I have finished registration. (So we are one step closer to hiscore table  ;) )
Unfortunately I had not much time to test it, I just HOPE it will work correctly.

BlitzJoker

I registered my name, seems to be working fine.

Odin

I grabbed the three names I wanted.

Not sure whether it is done case insensitive (like me getting Odin and someone else possibly getting ODIN). Guessing the names are done case-sensitive. Would like to know how underscores and spaces are counted. While it would be easy to just use quotation marks for the private messaging system (like /tell "Zaptone Z") to message someone with a space in their name, it probably would be better to just do underscores to message people with spaces in their names to reduce the number of impostors (like how many different blueroses there are on rs).
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham

T3h luggage

Man, when there wasn't registration I could be "T3h Luggage"  Now, with registration, I have to be "T3h_Luggage."  I wish I could use spaces...

matlu

Quote from: Odin on March 27, 2005, 11:29:48 PM
I grabbed the three names I wanted.

Not sure whether it is done case insensitive (like me getting Odin and someone else possibly getting ODIN). Guessing the names are done case-sensitive. Would like to know how underscores and spaces are counted. While it would be easy to just use quotation marks for the private messaging system (like /tell "Zaptone Z") to message someone with a space in their name, it probably would be better to just do underscores to message people with spaces in their names to reduce the number of impostors (like how many different blueroses there are on rs).

Names are NOT case sensitive.   ODIN = Odin
Passwords ARE case sensitive.

Exactly, spaces is names would cause trouble in private messaging, that's why they are not allowed. You may use only english letters, numbers or underscore. No special characters. In fact I did it same way as it is on RS, it is proven design.

QuoteMan, when there wasn't registration I could be "T3h Luggage"  Now, with registration, I have to be "T3h_Luggage."  I wish I could use spaces...

Right now it is impossible. Maybe later I will make improvement, that underscores will be displayed as spaces (as it is on RS). But in private messaging you will always have to type underscore. Anyway I don't think it's a big deal to have underscore instead of space, you can live with it.

BTW Blitz mentioned, that lowercase "L" look exactly same as uppercase "I" in the game. Uh, it's true, and it's not good. I will try to replace font with some better.

Hawk

Nice!  Since I can't use spaces, I went on ahead an registered as 0_o.

Odin

Might be more helpful to newer players who are unfamiliar to leave the underscores in for private messaging (took me close to a month from when I started playing at the castle to realize an underscore was needed to send messages to players with spaces in their names - site didn't have any guide on how to use the commands though). I will assume a manual will be made later on after the commands are implemented, so it wouldn't be so much of a concern.
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham