• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

?

Started by veteran dawg, October 13, 2005, 11:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

veteran dawg

suppose one wanted to design a new commander. 
how would one go about that?

Parsley

There are numerous posts within the New Graphics board explaining how best to design new graphics, but essentially:

i) Open your graphics editor - some people use MSPaint, but I would suggest PaintShopPro or similar (due to the animation programmes that normally come with).
ii) Start a picture sized 32x32 with a black background.
iii) Draw your initial picture to fit within the square, with a frame of at least 1 black pixel around the outside.
iv) If you're feeling spunky, create a movement effect on the commander by slightly altering the picture - 3 frames of movement, with one 'null' phase (in which you just colour the original picture all in green, as this is the 'death' animation)
v) Either post these 4 frames, or run them through an animation programme (VASC is pretty good, others may be able to suggest better ones)
vi) Post them on New Graphics with the title 'Commander'

I would suggest you look at the sticky thread on the New Graphics board in order to see what precisely is still needed, as there is currently a slight overabundance of commanders to pick from - but feel free to have a crack.

If you do design the commander, remember that there also needs to be a blaster, jetpack, forceshield/armour & symbiont version.

Have fun.

Dodger

I use MSPaint and Jasc's "Animation Shop 3", which I managed to 'aquire' if you know what I mean  ;)

I find these let me produce great animations  ;D