• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Guests

Started by The_Gu3st, October 13, 2005, 11:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the Guest Feature be Removed?

Yes
6 (60%)
No
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Bakster

LMAO!!! That's the most unexpected response ever!!

I just shot you, and you ask what kind of gun? ROFL!!

:D :) ???  :( >:(

Anyway, you're supposed to be dead!

*shoots willie 58 more times*

TheMcCool

I never knew ATM stood for Automated Teller Machine. Well maybe I did and forgot. Who looks up that stuff and actually cares? :P
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

Dodger

zzboots

Quote from: The_Gu3st on October 14, 2005, 01:02:43 AM
But its completely unfair that a guest has nothing to lose, and players do. A guest can screw around, beam a mech, and then kill everyone. Usernames usually wouldnt take that chance... guests are being abused.

Joy.  ;D

Quote from: haferhole1 on October 14, 2005, 01:06:05 AM
what u talkin about? i always take that chance! (ask dodger)

but how about this? we change it so if a guests dont really matter in the game, noone loses any points if the guest wins, and if he/she doesnt win, they dont give the 2 points everyone else does to the winner.

that would solve a few problems.
- no more topics complaining about guests taking ur points
- more players, since people wouldnt feel they need to beat the guest and it would build there confidence
- no more logging onto a guest and giving others points by losing intentionally

what u guys think?
Way too complicated to do.

Easiest way? No more guest names.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

willie

boooooooo  >:(  i say yes to guest names.  leave the whole guests thing alone.  its fine the way it is right now.   booooooooo YOU ALL SUCK

zzboots

Quote from: willie on November 22, 2005, 11:53:17 PM
boooooooo  >:(  i say yes to guest names.  leave the whole guests thing alone.  its fine the way it is right now.   booooooooo YOU ALL SUCK

Well enjoy your stunning defeats against guest_283.
-William G. McAdoo

The_Gu3st

This is getting out of hand. Guests have never been nor will they ever be used for their right purpose. It only takes 1 extra minute to make a username. Im getting sick of this and so is zz. Here's the poll, hopefully matlu will notice it this time.

zzboots

Quote from: The_Gu3st on December 21, 2005, 08:32:40 AM
This is getting out of hand. Guests have never been nor will they ever be used for their right purpose. It only takes 1 extra minute to make a username. Im getting sick of this and so is zz. Here's the poll, hopefully matlu will notice it this time.
How dare you mention my name!

I am going to flip flop on this issue.  Keep the guest names!!!

To Guest (No one else read):
Now all the anti-zz players will support removing the guest feature. ;)
-William G. McAdoo

willie

Quote from: The_Gu3st on December 21, 2005, 08:38:47 AM
To zz only:

Wow, thats a great idea. Maybe I should change my stance on this issue too!

For everyone:

J/k you guys, I love those guests.
oh really?  then ill have to say guests are a good idea cuz im siding with you on this, anand!

The_Gu3st

Whatever willie, you were the one abusing the guest feature today.

Dodger

Dodger

I'm not really bothered. It's not that big an issue for me...

willie

how does one abuse this guest 'feature'?  is it a feature?

The_Gu3st

Guests are meant to "try out the game to see if they like it" and then register a username. No one uses the guests this way, therefore they are abused.

matlu

QuoteBut its completely unfair that a guest has nothing to lose, and players do. A guest can screw around, beam a mech, and then kill everyone. Usernames usually wouldnt take that chance... guests are being abused.

I really don't think that disabling guests would solve this (or any other) problem. I don't think that anybody is abusing this feauture, and even if somebody DID, disabling guests will NOT prevent it. He/She may still create throw-away account instead of playing as guest.
Really, this idea makes no sense. I'm not going to remove existing feature for no reason. Your reasons make no sense, sorry.

you can still:
- not play guests, if you think they are "dangerous"
- play only non-rated games with guests