• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

What next...

Started by matlu, October 23, 2005, 02:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matlu

I uploaded new version http://www.duelboard.com/mud/ but there are only few visible changes. There is textured floor in the buildings, one building has 2 floors (but it is not finished yet, upper floor doesn't disappear when you walk under it).. and... there is... ehm... a piece of highway behind the building on the left (but it only looks good from close distance). I also reverted to paper-thin walls, I had some problems with "real" walls, maybe I'll work on it later.

I was also thinking about the setting (and plot) of the game. My intentions change from day to day, but right now I have an idea to make it sci-fi, or better postapocalyptic (something like Fallout). I think that if I made it fantasy, then most people would say, that it is "exactly same as RS, but with worse graphics, so I will play RS". I hope that different setting would make this game more  interesting.

As you can see the programming goes on quite well, basic interaction like dropping/picking up objects works, and I think I'll be able to make more functionality in reasonable time. Most difficult will be to get some good graphics, and to make it "look good".
I think that now my goal now would be to create at least very small area which looks "reasonably nice" (which means: not totally ugly).

Again, if anybody has some graphics or 3d models that would fit, let me know.

willie

wouldnt the world be so tight if there'd be nothing but chicks and robots and youre the only guy?  great game so far

matlu

:D It would sure be ideal world :) Robots to serve, and girls to pleasure :)

I'll add more stuff later, but it will take time

Dodger

I like the postapocalyptic idea  :) I say head down that path...

T3h luggage

postapocalyptic is overdone...(try saying that 10 times fast)

matlu

TheMcCool

How about a post-apocalyptic world terrorised by powerful vampires and their minions. The humans are spread out into small towns and villages, with no central government. The vampires, who were once the ruling class, are now nearly wiped out. But those who remain are still very powerful, and some have many followers. Not many know exactly what happened. All most humans know is they live in a dangerous world, where strange things happen at night. Life is sort of like it was in the old west, except with some interesting advances in technology. Ruins are a common sight though, and from the look of many of them, the world used to be much more advanced. The only thing keeping the vampire nobles from reclaiming the world are those who call themselves Hunters. They hunt the undead, and will take any job as long as the pay is good. One such Hunter is special... Half man, half vampire... That Hunter's name is D.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

matlu

lol, that's the story from  "Terminator" crossed with "Fallout" and "Vampire the Masquerade" :) It's nice.

But all depends on whether I'm able to create some not-so-ugly graphics :( So far I have only little success. If I fail I'll return to fantasy setting, which seems easier to me

TheMcCool

lol... Maybe instead of making a game from the ground up, you could make a persistent Neverwinter Nights mod. You could probably pick up NWscript pretty fast and do some neat things with it. Have you heard of the game? Check out nwvault.ign.com -  NWN2 is coming out soon, but NWN should be pretty cheap, and the sequel is retaining the NWscript coding if nothing else. Just a suggestion... I don't know if this is your thing or not.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.

Parsley

How about a surreal RPG?

You start life as a young Morph.

Battles are conducted through, essentially, a complicated version of paper-scissor-stone, where you morph into a particular shape/colour combination.

As you gain experience, you get extra shape/colour combinations with which to beat the npc morphs & other players.

Your natural state shape/colour also progresses (colour to show experience, number of sides to show lvl maybe).

Players are distinguished by designing their own symbol (tattoo).

Should be pretty easy to code, and could be addictive as hell if you get the gameplay right.

willie

good luck.....with everything.....I hope the game works out.....i guess..

TheMcCool

I honestly think it was a bad move to start working on an rpg... But I guess he's really only doing all this for experience and stuff.

matlu

ehm, may I ask what would you consider a good move from me? Creating Battlethingz clone? Forgetting about computers and becoming a fireman?

The_Gu3st

You should be a fireman on the side, as an extra job or something. I mean, imagine this:

You're up until 2am making a breakthrough on your game and then BOOM! Your computer explodes and catches your room on fire!

BUT WAIT! YOU'RE A FIREMAN!!!

While you room is burning, you go into your closet, put on your firejacket thing, go get a hose and viola! You now know how to put out a fire.

Seriously Matlu, you should consider this. We wouldnt want you dieing in some sort of computer related explosion.

ultswordsman

uhh ok and matlu how are logs combat knifes.....
u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut