• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Why challenge Runescape?

Started by simman2001, November 18, 2005, 04:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamingdragon

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
spelt1      /spÉ›lt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[spelt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation,
â€"verb
a pt. and pp. of spell1.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
spelt2      /spÉ›lt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[spelt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation,
â€"noun
a wheat, Triticum aestivum spelta, native to southern Europe and western Asia, used chiefly for livestock feed.
[Origin: bef. 1000; ME, OE < LL spelta, prob. < Gmc; cf. OHG spelza (G Spelt)]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Online Etymology Dictionary - Cite This Source
spelt
O.E. spelt, perhaps an early borrowing from L.L. spelta "spelt" (c.400, noted as a foreign word), which is perhaps ult. from PIE base *spel- "to split, to break off" (probably in ref. to the splitting of its husks in threshing), which is related to the root of flint. The word had little currency in Eng., and its history is discontinuous. Widespread in Romanic languages (cf. It. spelta, Sp. espelta, O.Fr. spelte, Mod.Fr. Èpeautre). The word also is widespread in Gmc. (cf. O.H.G. spelta, Ger. Spelt), and a Gmc. language is perhaps the source of the L.L. word.

Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2001 Douglas Harper

Oh and.....

U.S. Gazetteer - Cite This Source

Grammer, IN

It is a town and therefore a word.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

zzboots

[quote author=flamingdragon link=topic=711.msg29165#msg29165
O.E. spelt, perhaps an early borrowing from L.L. spelta "spelt" (c.400, noted as a foreign word), which is perhaps ult. from PIE base *spel- "to split, to break off" (probably in ref. to the splitting of its husks in threshing), which is related to the root of flint. The word had little currency in Eng., and its history is discontinuous.

Oh and.....

U.S. Gazetteer - Cite This Source

Grammer, IN

It is a town and therefore a word.
[/quote]

For both words. In the context you used them, they are not words.

sigh.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Dodger

This topic should be called "Why challenge ZZ?".

flamingdragon

For the context they were used in they are not words, I didn't say anything about how they were used, I merely stated they were words.  ::)
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Karm5000

Quote from: flamingdragon on February 09, 2007, 11:04:25 PM
Was that supposed to somehow be an insult?  ::)

I used to have bad grammar when I was on site about 3 years ago or something, but then I rarely used the internet. I remember I even used to stick up for ults when people made fun of his bad grammar, but now I use pretty good grammar, and make fun of ults as well.

Oh holy heaven you have changed haven't you?  :o and no that last jab was not ment as an

insult just as self defence.
Its just my opinion deal with it for I will change the world.

Karm5000

flamingdragon

Adun Toridas, Executor.

Karm5000

funny and cool at the same time dragon well done... though I don't get it.

Also I like Dodgers comment and wonder how the heck you guys get your info so quickly off the web

and from where.  I got a unrealted question that I hope someone can answer: Why is it most of the

population of USA is choosing to vote Democratic?
Its just my opinion deal with it for I will change the world.

Karm5000

flamingdragon

There not, in case u havn't noticed the president is Republican, dunderhead.  ::)
Adun Toridas, Executor.