• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Scary Moments

Started by Bakster, January 09, 2006, 07:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bakster

Ready to be shpooked?

http://www.retrocrush.com/scary/

I think everybody can predict what Number 1 will be. You guessed it, the glorified-to-the-point-where-it-is-no-longer-scary shower murder from 'Psycho'.
To be honest, the first time I saw it, I didn't find it scary at all. The "real" scary scenes (everything except No.1) are still scary even after watching them multiple times.

I saw Carrie recently, and it was scary in a way that you could laugh and joke about afterwards, unlike 'The Shining'. Some teenage girl discovers she has telekenesis.
The first part of the film was crap, but things really kicked off when Carrie got pranked on the stage after winning some prize.
My mum was watching with me, and I made a joke saying that she would kill everyone. To my disbelief, and slight amusement, she did just that, by just standing there and staring at things in a creepy fashion. People got electrocuted, someone got a metal board thing sliced through her chest, and eventually she set the whole place on fire.
Then she walked out and flipped a passing car over :D
Then she returns home and her mother is waiting, and slowly stalks her with a knife. She corners Carrie, and raises her knife with the sickest maniacal smile on her face...pretty damn creepy. Then Carrie uses her telekenesis to summon 6 knives, two knives pin her hands against the walls next to the doorway, and the other 4 stab her in her chest.
Then the scariest bit comes, the mother is frozen there, hanging like Jesus Christ with a casual look on her face, it is truly terrifying. Then Carrie goes psycho and makes the house implode slowly.
At the end, the scene that made Number 2 on the list happens...Some girl examines the former location of Carrie's house...then, in a shock moment, a bloody hand bursts from the dirt and nearly pulls the girl to the depths. That genuinely caught me out, I nearly hit the ceiling 

Number 3 is the really scary moment from The Shining with the tricycle and the twins and the brutal bloody murder flashback.

You can look at the rest yourselves :P