• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Started by MathWiz20, February 26, 2006, 05:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MathWiz20

This is probably gonna sound stupid but...

I don't know how to upload an avatar for my posts, can anyone help me out?  I want to get a really geeky math picture of einstein or something lol.
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

The_Gu3st

Blitz is good at that.

If not, can you atleast post the picture you'd like to have on here so I can try?

Dodger

Resizing In MS Paint

Right well I'm fed up of people asking to resize pictures so here goes...

1. Open the picture you want resizing in MS Paint (right click it and click EDIT).

2. Click the Image tab at the top, and click Stretch/Skew

3. A box will pop up, you only need to concern yourself with the top half of the box (Stretch).
You will notice that the two boxes have 100% written in them, this is the size of your picture. To resize you will need to replace the 100%'s with a lower number, depending on how much you want your picture resized.

Example:

If you need your picture to be half the size, then you will replace 100% in both boxes with 50%. Simple. You can resize the picture as many times as you need and as long as you keep the numbers in the two boxes the same you should be able to get any size you desire.

Disclamer: If this fails (or your name is Bakster) then Format your HardDrive, you are obviously not competent enough to own a computer  :)

Dodger

Changing An Avatar

1. Click the profile tab at the top of this page (next to logout)

2. Click Forum And Profile Information in the links to the left of your profile.

3. Check the box 'I will upload my own picture'
Click 'Browse' and browse for the Avatar of your choice (preferably one that you have already resized (see above).

If this amount of information is beyond you then you may as well give up now, the internet is a scary world and you obviously don't have what it takes. Apologise to all the people you have annoyed and destroy your modem (see destroying you modem - By Dodger), may I recommend finding your nearest Train line?

Dodger

Due to the sheer amount of threads on this topic can you please make this a sticky?

Bakster

Quote from: Dodger on February 26, 2006, 12:37:54 PM
Changing An Avatar

1. Click the profile tab at the top of this page (next to logout)

2. Click Forum And Profile Information in the links to the left of your profile.

3. Check the box 'I will upload my own picture'
Click 'Browse' and browse for the Avatar of your choice (preferably one that you have already resized (see above).

If this amount of information is beyond you then you may as well give up now, the internet is a scary world and you obviously don't have what it takes. Apologise to all the people you have annoyed and destroy your modem (see destroying you modem - By Dodger), may I recommend finding your nearest Train line?

I don't see 'destroying your modem'. Teach me how to do this!

MathWiz20

Hey looks like the avatar worked...even though it's a sucky picture lol.

Thanks for all your help dodger and anyone else.
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

Blitz

I think the max is 80 px by 80 px, with a low size limit.
MVP zzboots fanclub

Bakster

Quote from: MathWiz20 on February 26, 2006, 05:42:22 AM
This is probably gonna sound stupid but...

I don't know how to upload an avatar for my posts, can anyone help me out?  I want to get a really geeky math picture of einstein or something lol.

Yeah, that's a real geeky picture :P

The_Gu3st

Can someone do me a favor and resize this so that I can upload it as my avatar?

Bakster

It's about time I changed my avatar...this Maiden one is getting boring...

haferhole1

Quote from: The_Guest on April 14, 2006, 06:47:05 PM
Can someone do me a favor and resize this so that I can upload it as my avatar?

here u go

is the size 85 or 80? this is 85x85, but i can make it smaller if u need me 2

click my egg to get ur own

The_Gu3st

Thanks, nice find with that website btw, it works wonders.  :-*

Bakster

What do you think of my avatar?  :o

The_Gu3st

lol, its funny /  weird  :P