• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

fyre

Started by Parsley, April 06, 2005, 03:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parsley

Fire burnt my vehicle, but left me standing.

Which is a nice addition rather than a bug imho.

ZAPTONE_Z

sounds like a hax to me

BlitzJoker

I believe that matlu has implemented that on purpose, and it seems more logical to me.

ZAPTONE_Z

if your car goes up in flames you arent guaranteed safety

maybe a 50/50 chance of 'escaping the burning vehicle'

matlu

Quote from: BlitzJoker on April 06, 2005, 04:38:59 AM
I believe that matlu has implemented that on purpose, and it seems more logical to me.

Yes, it was made of purpose. I was thinking that vehicle should always provide "extra life".

And I don't think it's unlogical - it's same thing as when vehicle gets full hit from normal attack, explodes, and commander always survives by some miracle.

I think I like it this way.

flamingdragon

Quote from: ZAPTONE_Z on April 06, 2005, 06:11:14 AM

i think it should be like zaptone said
Adun Toridas, Executor.

zzboots

Quote from: ZAPTONE_Z on April 06, 2005, 06:11:14 AM

Unnecessary, extra programming work for Matlu.  It wouldn't be as fun that way.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

ZAPTONE_Z

extra programming work HA!

ill write the code

if (fireOnCommander ==true)
{

//random number gen call
int random;
if(random==1)
{

//com is dead

}

else if(random==2)
{

//com is alive

}

}

Odin

Quote from: ZAPTONE_Z on April 07, 2005, 03:38:38 AM
extra programming work HA!

ill write the code

if (fireOnCommander ==true)
{

//random number gen call
int random;
if(random==1)
{

//com is dead

}

else if(random==2)
{

//com is alive

}

}

Way to go bro.

Disclaimer: I have not checked for mistakes as I do not know Java! (For some odd reason, this last comment did not go through on original posting)
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham

zzboots

Thanks for flamming me, and thanks for stepping up and making your own game when GD went under.  Why don't you want extra protection from transport?  I don't hear you complaining about your commander not dying when the transport is killed by a monster.  Its the same concept.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Odin

Quote from: zzboots on April 07, 2005, 03:58:03 AM
Thanks for flamming me, and thanks for stepping up and making your own game when GD went under.  Why don't you want extra protection from transport?  I don't hear you complaining about your commander not dying when the transport is killed by a monster.  Its the same concept.

At least I did whatever I could to supply information (including ALL the statistics, including gun turrets' and Alien Blobs' defense, the initial graphics, plus suggested names - he always thought they were too long, since he had something against names 18 letters long) and tested quite thoroughly. I've earned my part of the rent. All I see you do is complain about whatever name for the game I come up with. I had been suggesting to Zap for quite some time to maybe contribute code, as he recently began taking a Java course (probably no mistakes in that submission, but a friendly disclaimer never hurts as so many companies have them). No surprise you bash him the one time he does try to be helpful.

P.S. Go back to washing the dishes.
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham

ZAPTONE_Z

Quote from: zzboots on April 07, 2005, 03:58:03 AM
Why don't you want extra protection from transport?  I don't hear you complaining about your commander not dying when the transport is killed by a monster.  Its the same concept.

maybe that should be left up to probabiliy as well

it would stop some over-zelous commanders from jumping into the fray with their vehicles

matlu

Ithink I will just leave it as it is.

BTW, anyway it's possible to get killed by fire immediately, even when you are in transport. It already happened to me two times. It may happen, when you are surrounded by 2 or more fire cells, and 2 of them "decide" to spread your way. First will destroy your vehicle, and second will kill you.
It is also possible that your fortress disappears, and you gey immediatelly killed by fire, if it "decides" to spread your way in same turn.

Parsley

Weird one.  Tested the game yesterday.

Put fire on, and it spread across the board, but didn't kill me or any of my critters.

Went through about 50 turns - board was covered (about 5-6 spaces always remained fire-free though)

matlu

QuotePut fire on, and it spread across the board, but didn't kill me or any of my critters

It's ok, currently it doesn'y hurt its creator (but maybe it will be changed later)

QuoteWent through about 50 turns - board was covered (about 5-6 spaces always remained fire-free though)

Also ok, each fire cell currently has some chance to die out.