• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

fyre

Started by Parsley, April 06, 2005, 03:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parsley

Yeah, slime & fire should definitely hurt its creator.

Else it's too powerful a weapon.

I would just go to a corner, use SSB/fortress/turrets/ff, cast fire next to myself, set up a little defence group & wait...

Odin

Quote from: Parsley on April 07, 2005, 06:19:23 PM
Yeah, slime & fire should definitely hurt its creator.

Else it's too powerful a weapon.

I would just go to a corner, use SSB/fortress/turrets/ff, cast fire next to myself, set up a little defence group & wait...

It shouldn't. It didn't in cw and it was one of the strengths.

One time heard Fire Hound can't be killed by fire even when the fire isn't yours. Never bothered to see whether it was true or not back in the cw days.
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham

zzboots

Quote from: Odin on April 07, 2005, 06:27:17 PM
It shouldn't. It didn't in cw and it was one of the strengths.

One time heard Fire Hound can't be killed by fire even when the fire isn't yours. Never bothered to see whether it was true or not back in the cw days.

:)

-most likely unlikely
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

ultswordsman

now that i think about it most draws are caused by the owner of fire/goo hiding in it after they slay oppenents  flying monsters so its a draw no matter what if u did but if u  made it so fire/goo could kill your monsters and commanders they would  have  to throughly think it over b4 jumping right into it and sitting there a whole game so maybe put it in for a week and see what people say (plz)
u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut

Dodger

Fire/goo should not kill it's creator! Thats not how it's done! Hiding behind fire/goo can be a tactical advantage or disadvantge, although fire is unreliable, and quite useless to hide behind.
Keep it the way it is. If not then have a poll first.

Bakster

if people hide in a corner and FF/goo/fire etc...that makes the game no fun. It ruins the spirit of the game! :(

Dodger

It's still an option. I'm not saying I like it.

The_Gu3st

If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

And don't act like you've never hid behind a fire or goo.

matlu

I believe that fire works ok now. I never covers whole board (just approx 1/4 at most) and its speed is ok. But goo needs to be improved (read crippled), it is too strong.

The_Gu3st

I believe the goo's defense is too strong also, maybe something more like 4?

As for the speed of goo... let me do some comparisons.

Fire: Speed- Slow Destroyable - no
Goo: Speed Fast, Destroyable - yes

As you can see, both have disadvantages and advantages to each other. They seem to balance out quite fairly to me.

Just make defense less.

SiR gUt

I always wanted to say this ADD A FIRE EXTINGUISHER FOR THE COMMANDER UPGRADE, maybe 5 uses of extinguisher, so you can put out fires near you if your going to die. I always thought it was a good idea, you all, may hate it. Also about the fire killing your vehicle first, its brilliant. I like it a lot and I'm very glad he added that feature. KEEP IT IN. With the goo and fire speed, leave it alone. It's fine the way it is.
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

ultswordsman

YES FIRE EXTINGUISHER at least at that

Dodger

Quote from: The_Gu3st on September 13, 2005, 09:20:06 PM
I believe the goo's defense is too strong also, maybe something more like 4?

Nooo! If it had defense four then it would be quite useless (especially when used first turn in a 4 way, commander would be able to kill it too easily) I like it as defece 6!

I am quite against most of these changes.

The_Gu3st

Quote from: Dodger on September 13, 2005, 11:54:05 PM
Nooo! If it had defense four then it would be quite useless (especially when used first turn in a 4 way, commander would be able to kill it too easily) I like it as defece 6!

I am quite against most of these changes.

Don;t place it somewhere that he can reach before it spreads.

Besides, you cant kill anything on the first turn.

ultswordsman

yes u can dodger killed with goo first turn today