• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Disappointment in this game, in the players, and in Matlu

Started by poison_ivy, June 01, 2006, 02:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blitz

Matlu, I think many of the players who came originally are very appreciative of the work you have done. I was, but since then I have basically stopped playing games. I would hope that this game gave you some type of knowledge or learning, so you don't view it as a total waste.

I mean Ults even if you didn't factor in the price of the computer, and the internet connection, 80$ would pay matlu for less than three hours of work on a half-way decent salary....I'm sure this game took much more time than that.

Just out of curiosity matlu, how much time would you project that you spent coding the game and such?
MVP zzboots fanclub

Coke_Can

poison_ivy

Goodbye and goodluck on Rook, Matlu!

MathWiz20

Quote from: poison_ivy on June 03, 2006, 11:42:04 AM
Although I appreciate your time and effort that went into creating this game, I'm still disappointed that you failed to tell us that you'd no longer care about/update this site.

Completely agree.  Matlu I think there are still a few things left to be done, and they've practically been done already except for implementing them into the game.

A new hover tank graphic has already been made and animated.  I've also seen attempts at a new jeep, cyborg, and light sabre.  These are still old graphics that should be changed, along with the beacon, teleport, holodetect, forcefield, and maybe others.

Matlu and everyone else I SWEAR I will give up on the Mike thing since you guys seem so animately on his side if these final graphics can be implemented, which would cap off an absolutely AWESOME recreation of the game we all loved once and now love again :D
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

matlu

Poison Ivy: there is really some misunderstanding (according to your latest post, before you edited it :)  )

Again:
- I cannot work on single game forever. I could spend another year improving cyberbattles, but at the moment I don't think it makes sense. It is a FACT that it already is FAR better, than cyberwars ever was. The original goal is fulfilled on 200%

- there is also misunderstanding about that Rook game. It's not like I suddenly became a card fanatic. In fact I'm creating something which we may call "new multiplayer game platform"  - something to replace the old games. That old design is simply not working very well, and it was better to start from scratch, than to improve it.  Rook is just first game which uses this "platform", Reversi is second, and I will also later more different games with this new platform  (possibly including Cyberbattles, but don't expect it to happen very soon).

SiR gUt

uhhh the only difference here is that the game dont freeze and there still isnt any option to only have a certain lvl enter the game, or make it private. I really dont think this is FAR better than cyberwars ever was. Sorry if I offended you. I still LOVE YOU!
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

zzboots

The difference between CW and DB is that Jagex, gamesdomain, whoever was in charge, stopped caring about the game and let it decline.  Here on DB, there was an authority figure who was active and could impliment requests and fix bugs.  But once matlu began to move onto other projects, the players became anxious, and saw another CW developing.  Both parties, the players and matlu, need to establish matlu's commitment to the game.  Once both sides are content on matlu's activeness, i think peace might still be obtainable for us all.  I think the players just want the assurance that they won't be forgotten.  But I believe the success of rook, will bring the success of CB.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

poison_ivy

Quote from: matlu on June 04, 2006, 12:45:31 PM
Poison Ivy: there is really some misunderstanding (according to your latest post, before you edited it :)  )

After giving that post a second thought, I realized it was a mistake, hence the edit.  It's quite a moot point to address the pre-edited post, don't you think?

Furthermore, it might be you yourself who has misunderstood me.  I never  had any gripe about you not updating the game; this game is indeed better and I like the graphics the way they are.  If you read my original post, you'll find that my main complaint was the fact that there was no moderating of the chat function although you had led us to believe that there was.

That is all.  I have no desire to argue this out any longer, as I have found out all that I had needed to.  And as I had said before, Matlu, you should know that I really appreciate all that you have done. 

Thanks.

SiR gUt

second for me.... i will always be here  ;D i love u matlu
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

Karm5000

There is a lot to ponder about in this topic and I have to type that I agree overall on just about what everyone has brought up.  Making an online game, keeping order and maintaining a level of status of said game to at least try to please everyone is a very difficult task to do. Ultimately, despite the rude comments and insults, I am just here for the game and wish more people were involved so I could play more Cyber Battles.  I would like to request that as a last addition to the game could you make a play against the computer option?  Whenever you can do it Matlu no rush on the subject and I figure it may or may not cause problems, I don't know, but it’s really dull when no one is online and you cannot play.  Lastly, I give my thanks to you Matlu, for reviving a classic.  If I had the extra money I would gladly donate to the completion of your goals and dreams, but I am one of those students who are broke, so I can only say that I am in your debt for all the hard work, effort and time you have put into this game.
Its just my opinion deal with it for I will change the world.

Karm5000