• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Questions.

Started by Dodger, November 14, 2006, 11:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Crusade

Dodger

Quote from: flamingdragon on November 24, 2006, 06:39:28 PM
And actually that's not really correct. Lockheart drops his wand while showing the class how to use offensive spells.

Possibly. But he turns to Harry and shows him how to block unfriendly spells (when Snape makes Harry face Malfoy in a duel). He does a few twirls with his wand, then drops it.
Then he says 'Do exactly as I did and you'll be fine.'
And Harry says 'What? Drop my wand?'

That is from memory. You will find it is reasonably accurate.

And how mad about Zelda are you?

flamingdragon

Quote from: The_Crusade on November 24, 2006, 06:53:57 PM
Zelda blows.

U Blow!  :P

Quote from: Dodger on November 24, 2006, 07:34:31 PM
And how mad about Zelda are you?

I beat all the games.

Quote from: Dodger on November 24, 2006, 07:34:31 PM
Possibly. But he turns to Harry and shows him how to block unfriendly spells (when Snape makes Harry face Malfoy in a duel). He does a few twirls with his wand, then drops it.
Then he says 'Do exactly as I did and you'll be fine.'
And Harry says 'What? Drop my wand?'

That is from memory. You will find it is reasonably accurate.

What, that doesn't happen! I just read the chapter out of the book. I'll see if I can find an ebook so I can copy and paste the chapter.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

flamingdragon

I believe this is the relevant part:

Quote“Now, in this duel, we will be doing disarming spells. Never fear, I shall return your dear Potion Master to you in one piece.” Lockhart smiled one of his famous smiles, only to hear light chuckles and several students light coughs.

Lockhart and Snape face each other and bow. They turn walk ten paces, and then...spin...wands poised like swords.

Lockhart spoke as he looked at the students watching them, “As you can see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position. On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course.”

Harry eyeing Snape, “I wouldn't bet on that.”

Lockhart yelled, “One-two-three --,”

Snape snarled. “Expelliarmus!”

A dazzling flash of scarlet light bursts out of Snape’s wand and hits Lockhart off his feet and into the wall behind.

Hermione looked towards Lockhart and asked. “Do you think he's all right?”

Harry and Ron both reply, “Who cares?”

Lockhart spoke as he rises unsteadily, “Well, there you have it. That was a Disarming Charm. As you see, I've lost my wand.”

“Here’s your wand, Professor,” spoke Hermione, handing him his wand back.

“Ah, thank you, Miss Granger. Yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy...”

Snape hissed, “Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor.”

Lockhart spoke, “An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape. Let's have a volunteer pair. Potter, Longbottom, how about you?”

Snape barked off, “Longbottom causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house? Draco Malfoy perhaps,”

Draco walked onto the platform by Snape’s side as Harry approached Lockhart’s side. Lockhart turned to Harry and spoke, “The disarming spell is Expelliarmus. It will remove his wand from his hand. But you have read books on dueling correct?”

“Yes, my dad Sirius Black gave me a book on dueling.” Harry said.

"Good, then you know a good spell to use against Mr. Malfoy then?" asked Lockhart.

"Yes, I do," Harry said.

"Come on Potter," Malfoy said in the most hateful tone. "Let’s get this over with,"

"All right gentlemen, approach each other, wand raised and bow. Turn and walk ten paces and fire your disarming spell," spoke Lockhart.

“Scared, Potter?" asked Draco, as he raised his wand to Harry.

"You wish," Harry growled off.

They turn, walked away from each other counting ten paces. They turned wands poised.

Lockhart yelled, “Wands at the ready! When I count to three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent -- only to disarm your opponent. We don't want any accidents. One, two....”

Malfoy fires early, knocking Harry off his feet with a blast of white light. Harry jumps up, points his wand. “Rictusempra!” A jet of silver light hits Malfoy dead in the stomach. He doubles up, wheezing.

Lockhart yells out, “I said disarm only!”

Snape grabs Draco's arm before he tries to cast another spell. "Potter, you will have detention tonight!"

Harry looked shocked at Snape and nodded his head as he knew he didn't wait to get back in dueling position but attacked him quickly.

Soon, the class was over. Snape walked over to Harry and with a low growl, "You will have detention tonight with Professor Lockhart,"

“What?” Harry said, surprised. “It’s not fair. But Draco…”

"Draco did what?" Snape growled.

“Draco was the one who started it sir,”

"Draco did what?" asked Snape. Draco, Crabbe and Goyle were smirking behind Snape.

“He was the one who strike first sir,”

"It was a duel, Potter; you don't get second chances to throw your first spell." Snape said, as he walked away from him.

Hmm, actually he drops his wand while dueling snape.  :-\
Wait, I think u might be talking about the movie?
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Dodger

Wtf. I remember Malfoy firing a snake out of his wand, then Harry speaking to it in Parsletounge.

Because THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS.

Maybe the yank book is different.

Dodger

Yes I just read the chapter and mine is totally different to what you wrote.

Dodger

QuoteLockhart and Snape turned to face each other and bowed; at least, Lockhart did, with much twirling of his hands, whereas Snape jerked his head irritably. Then they raised their wands like swords in front of them.

"As you see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position," Lockhart told the silent crowd. "On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course."

"I wouldn't bet on that," Harry murmured, watching Snape baring his teeth.

"One - two - three -"

Both of them swung their wands above their heads and pointed them at their opponent; Snape cried: "Expelliarmus!" There was a dazzling flash of scarlet light and Lockhart was blasted off his feet: He flew backward off the stage, smashed into the wall, and slid down it to sprawl on the floor.

Malfoy and some of the other Slytherins cheered. Hermione was dancing on tiptoes. "Do you think he's all right?" she squealed through her fingers.

"Who cares?" said Harry and Ron together.

Lockhart was getting unsteadily to his feet. His hat had fallen off and his wavy hair was standing on end.

"Well, there you have it!" he said, tottering back onto the platform. "That was a Disarming Charm - as you see, I've lost my wand - ah, thank you, Miss Brown - yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying

so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy - however, I felt it would be instructive to let them see . . ."

Snape was looking murderous. Possibly Lockhart had noticed, because he said, "Enough demonstrating! I'm going to come amongst you now and put you all into pairs. Professor Snape, if you'd like to help me -"

They moved through the crowd, matching up partners. Lockhart teamed Neville with Justin Finch-Fletchley, but Snape reached Harry and Ron first.

"Time to split up the dream team, I think," he sneered. "Weasley, you can partner Finnigan. Potter -"

Harry moved automatically toward Hermione.

"I don't think so," said Snape, smiling coldly. "Mr. Malfoy, come over here. Let's see what you make of the famous Potter. And you, Miss Granger - you can partner Miss Bulstrode."

Malfoy strutted over, smirking. Behind him walked a Slytherin girl who reminded Harry of a picture he'd seen in Holidays with Hags. She was large and square and her heavy jaw jutted aggressively. Hermione gave her a weak smile that she did not return.

"Face your partners!" called Lockhart, back on the platform. "And bow!"

Harry and Malfoy barely inclined their heads, not taking their eyes off each other.

"Wands at the ready!" shouted Lockhart. "When I count to three, cast your charms to disarm your opponents - only to disarm them - we don't want any accidents - one ... two ... three -"

Harry swung his wand high, but Malfoy had already started on "two": His spell hit Harry so hard he felt as though he'd been hit over the head with a saucepan. He stumbled, but everything still seemed to be working, and wasting no more time, Harry pointed his wand straight at Malfoy and shouted, "Rictusempra!"

A jet of silver light hit Malfoy in the stomach and he doubled up, wheezing.

"I said disarm only!" Lockhart shouted in alarm over the heads of the battling crowd, as Malfoy sank to his knees; Harry had hit him with a Tickling Charm, and he could barely move for laughing. Harry hung back, with a vague feeling it would be unsporting to bewitch Malfoy while he was on the floor, but this was a mistake; gasping for breath, Malfoy pointed his wand at Harry's knees, choked, "Tarantallegra!" and the next second Harry's legs began to jerk around out of his control in a kind of quickstep.

"Stop! Stop!" screamed Lockhart, but Snape took charge.

"Finite Incantatem!" he shouted; Harry's feet stopped dancing, Malfoy stopped laughing, and they were able to look up.

A haze of greenish smoke was hovering over the scene. Both Neville and Justin were lying on the floor, panting; Ron was holding up an ashen-faced Seamus, apologizing for whatever his broken wand had done; but Hermione and Millicent Bulstrode were still moving; Millicent had Hermione in a headlock and Hermione was whimpering in pain; both their wands lay forgotten on the floor. Harry leapt forward and pulled Millicent off. It was difficult: She was a lot bigger than he was.

"Dear, dear," said Lockhart, skittering through the crowd, looking at the aftermath of the duels. "Up you go, Macmillan .... Careful there, Miss Fawcett .... Pinch it hard, it'll stop bleeding in a second, Boot."

"I think Id better teach you how to block unfriendly spells," said Lockhart, standing flustered in the midst of the hall. He glanced at Snape, whose black eyes glinted, and looked quickly away. "Let's have a volunteer pair - Longbottom and Finch-Fletchley, how about you -"

"A bad idea, Professor Lockhart," said Snape, gliding over like a large and malevolent bat. "Longbottom causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending what's left of Finch-Fletchley up to the hospital wing in a matchbox." Neville's round, pink face went pinker. "How about Malfoy and Potter?" said Snape with a twisted smile.

"Excellent idea!" said Lockhart, gesturing Harry and Malfoy into the middle of the hall as the crowd backed away to give them room.

"Now, Harry," said Lockhart. "When Draco points his wand at you, you do this."

He raised his own wand, attempted a complicated sort of wiggling action, and dropped it. Snape smirked as Lockhart quickly picked it up, saying, "Whoops -my wand is a little overexcited -"

Snape moved closer to Malfoy, bent down, and whispered something in his ear. Malfoy smirked, too. Harry looked up nervously at Lockhart and said, "Professor, could you show me that blocking thing again?"

"Scared?" muttered Malfoy, so that Lockhart couldn't hear him.

"You wish," said Harry out of the corner of his mouth.

Lockhart cuffed Harry merrily on the shoulder. "Just do what I did, Harry!"

"What, drop my wand?"

But Lockhart wasn't listening.

"Three - two - one - go!" he shouted.

Malfoy raised his wand quickly and bellowed, "Serpensortia!"

The end of his wand exploded. Harry watched, aghast, as a long black snake shot out of it, fell heavily onto the floor between them, and raised itself, ready to strike. There were screams as the crowd backed swiftly away, clearing the floor.

"Don't move, Potter," said Snape lazily, clearly enjoying the sight of Harry standing motionless, eye to eye with the angry snake. "I'll get rid of it ......"

"Allow me!" shouted Lockhart. He brandished his wand at the snake and there was a loud bang; the snake, instead of vanishing, flew ten feet into the air and fell back to the floor with a loud smack. Enraged, hissing furiously, it slithered straight toward Justin Finch-Fletchley and raised itself again, fangs exposed, poised to strike.

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

That is the extract from my book : "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets"

Dodger

Ah yes, your quote, is from THE SCRIPT OF THE FILM.

Fool.

In case of debate, here is the source.
http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Harry-Potter-and-the-Chamber-of-Secrets.html

The Internet Movie Script DataBase

::)

Apology accepted.

flamingdragon

I think you're a little to obsessed with being right.
But just b/c u are:

Quote from: Dodger on November 25, 2006, 10:12:09 AM
Maybe the yank book is different.
WRONG
Quote from: Dodger on November 25, 2006, 10:37:20 AM
Fool.
WRONG, I am not a fool.

:P

BTW Would u make a question already?
Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

What colour was Tonks' hair when she first appears in the fifth book?

flamingdragon

Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

No, and don't just guess colours until you get it right. I'll wait till Dodger tries.

flamingdragon

I seriously thought that was the answer.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

Well you were seriously wrong ;D

flamingdragon

Quote from: The_Crusade on November 25, 2006, 08:13:48 PM
What colour was Tonks' hair when she first appears in the fifth book?

Oh, I must have been thinking in the sixth book, which I believe her hair is grey at first, not white, but i'm not sure about #5.
Adun Toridas, Executor.