• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Kill Forumula?

Started by MetalGear822, November 27, 2006, 08:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalGear822

I don't know the details but I do know you changed  the kill formula awhile back maybe we should go back to the old one I'm constantly being killed by weak things in a continuous string of bad luck. one of many great examples i beamed a real spideriod in which of course should change things up a bit but it was killed not by the laser bot itself but by its bullet..... not an isolated incident, I feel like I'm playing Candyland the games so dependent on luck you could just go through the cards and determine the winner without actually playing the game what you do has no impact on the outcome.

And yes I know I will probably lock this next time I check because nothing to do with my topic but a long drawn out Candyland conversation will have taken 4 pages by next week each post containing one to two words each.

The_Crusade

Wahey, you've realised the truth as well.

This game is 100% luck!

Dodger

The battle formula has not been changed. For a VERY long time. Suffice to say, it has always been like this.

If there is a difference of 4 between attackers strength and defenders defence, then there is a very small chance it will succeed.

The formula itself is:

IF (str + 1d5) >= (def + 1d6) THEN kill

The proabilities are following:

Diff: -6     Prob: 0.0%
Diff: -5     Prob: 0.0%
Diff: -4     Prob: 3.3%
Diff: -3     Prob: 10.0%
Diff: -2     Prob: 19.9%
Diff: -1     Prob: 33.3%
Diff: 0     Prob: 50.0%
Diff: 1     Prob: 66.7%
Diff: 2     Prob: 80.0%
Diff: 3     Prob: 90.0%
Diff: 4     Prob: 96.6%
Diff: 5     Prob: 100.0%
Diff: 6     Prob: 100.0%

IMO it is fine, if not perfect, the way it is.

The_Crusade

Dodger

The_Crusade

MetalGear822

crusades right and thats my problem : /, what was the old kill formula like?

MetalGear822

I saw something about a change awhile back perhaps that is what i mean so let me rephrase this has there been any change in kill formula since it was first pulled off of caslte?

Dodger

No one knows 100% what the castle formula was, so there is no way of telling.

The_Crusade

I know 100% that this game is 100% luck.

flamingdragon

Are u 100% sure of that statment?
Adun Toridas, Executor.

SiR gUt

yah crusade play me 20 games i bet i kill you 18+ times, see how much luck it really is
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

flamingdragon

Cruade's a looserish name, just call him by his old one Bakster.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

MetalGear822

Here this should take any dispute out of the statement.
The game is 100% luck assuming all players have obtained a level of competence common to that of an elementary school student. Disagree look at the big picture its simply counting squares and percentages what idiot cannot do that? I'm sorry if i just hurt someones feelings because this was their big achievement but you would have found out later in life anyway :P

flamingdragon

Not very many people have reached that elementary school level yet however, lol.
There are so many noobs on the game that do the stupidest crap.
Adun Toridas, Executor.