• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

New action names

Started by matlu, April 16, 2005, 02:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamingdragon

Quote from: mad_joker on April 25, 2005, 01:48:11 AM
It adds to the point of jetpack.  Sometimes you have to know which beacon the guy is in to kill him (otherwise you won't reach the beacon because of blocking monsters).  However in the original you could mouse over with another monster's move action to figure out if it was occupied or not (Since back then beacons weren't attackable units you'd get an "Out of range or w/e" instead of "X")

Also it makes 2 transports more useful... any commander could enter either one.  With "occupy" status theres no chance of attacking the wrong "fire fox,"  Or attacking the mutant mount instead (because both were right next to commander, the move the commander "disappeared")

this is kind of off topic
Adun Toridas, Executor.

flamingdragon

I think the new hovership is more of a hover-platform or hover-car

And i suggest showing the commander in it. (if its not to much work)
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Hawk

not much but here's what I cam up with:

Mind Control - Hypnotize
Hovership - Hover Craft
Flying Slime - Winged Slime(::))
Mutate - Transform (doesn't really need to be changed, though)
Subspace Beacons - Stations
Symbiont - Symbiote :P (variation)

dragon75

keep acid spitter!! i agree with zzboots! although i like dragons, we godda keep the acid spitter original and untouched. and about the alignment names:

technology/ creatures(or lifeforce)
"castle it was called, and many did play. cyber wars, battlethingz, MM, crypt. the games i did play and it is for the love of the game i stay."-me

T3h luggage

I've said it once and I'll say it again.  Jagex holds about no copyright to more than half of their names, becuase they are stolen from the movie "Alein."  So there is no need to change.  Only if you so desire, like in "Jeep".

matlu

Quote from: T3h luggage on May 05, 2005, 04:41:10 AM
I've said it once and I'll say it again.  Jagex holds about no copyright to more than half of their names, becuase they are stolen from the movie "Alein."  So there is no need to change.  Only if you so desire, like in "Jeep".

It's not about copyright  to the NAMES. It's about copyright to the GAME as whole, with THESE names. To change the names is another step to make a "little bit different game".