• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Combat system... AGAIN

Started by matlu, May 07, 2005, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bakster

I don't like the Diff 1 and Diff -1.

Diff -1 33.3%
Diff 0 50%
Diff 1 66.6%

??

zozefup

yea,  that sounds good.  I love the 2nd turn eye kill :P

Bakster

Me too ;D

Even better if the eye is a holo :P

zozefup

I'm really starting to get upset with the randomness in this game.  A PROBE should NEVER kill a commander!!  I just hit someone with a pred and a sabre and he survived..  then killed me.  Thats insane.  I think you should change the chances to this as soon as possible:

Diff: -6     Prob: 0.0%
Diff: -5     Prob: 0.0%
Diff: -4     Prob: 2.7%
Diff: -3     Prob: 8.3%
Diff: -2     Prob: 16.5%
Diff: -1     Prob: 33.3%
Diff: 0     Prob: 50.0%
Diff: 1     Prob: 66.7%
Diff: 2     Prob: 83.5%
Diff: 3     Prob: 91.7%
Diff: 4     Prob: 97.3%
Diff: 5     Prob: 100.0%
Diff: 6     Prob: 100.0%

What do you think of those percents?

matlu

it allows probe to kill a commander (2.7%) while you said that it should never be possible

zozefup

I noticed that too, but I thought it would be weird to jump down to 0% there.  Really a probe shouldn't kill a commander..  but I would like for a hovertank to take out a battle mech sometimes. Thats why I left it at 2.7% 

How open are you to changing the combat system anyway?

matlu

very open, in fact it already changed many times :)

zozefup

which one are you currently useing?  and is there a chance you'll use mine?

matlu

Quote from: zozefup on June 22, 2005, 10:35:56 AM
which one are you currently useing?  and is there a chance you'll use mine?

Currently used is #2 (mentioned in the first post of this thread), and I'm afraid that's it's practically same thing as you suggested, the differences are very little and I don't think it's worth to change it (also current system is based on a simple formula while your system is based on "empiric" table and it would require some effort to rework it)

zozefup

I read that, but Sir_Gut (I think) told me you were using the 3rd one now.  Your right, my system is close to what your using.

The_Gu3st

Dodger

Why don't we just make this a sticky?

StarSabre

Can we make a difference of -8 be 0.1% and so on so there's always that chance? Also, yeah, sticky this.
-Crosses Sabre-

The_Gu3st

I like the current percents, please don't change it  :-*

StarSabre

It wouldn't be changing anything except the 0%s and the 100%s everything else would remain static. There should always be at worst a 0.01% chance of something killing something or something surviving something.
-Crosses Sabre-