• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Will scores ever get reset again?

Started by Hawk, May 09, 2005, 10:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

I was thinking, instead of having the scores kept forever and ever, and also to give a fighting chance for newcomers and those who have abominable scores, could the scoreboard be reset monthly?  Or every few months?  The top 20 of the previous reset could be posted somewhere on the site for everyone to see.  This could also prevent people from registering nick after nick because of low scores that are plaguing them.

Or, we could just keep it the same...  :P

ultswordsman

yea i like the scores being reset monthly that will make people work harder to become #1 and then they get reset because in cgd there were scores like 5,000 do u know how hard it would be for a new player to get to 5,000 and if there reset monthly what are the chances of reaching that high

matlu

Interesting ideas you have, I'm just afraid that the people will mostly not like

ultswordsman

well only the people with high scores wont like people who would like a shot at the top would

Hawk

Well, let's say we're the scoreboard is dominated w/scores around 3000 - and let's say we're about a year in.  If a new player comes along, and develops JUST as much skill as the top 20 players, they would have a very slim chance of getting to the top only because it takes months to get a score like that.  they would have equal skill but never be recognized.  By the time THEY got to 3000, the top 20 would once again be miles away.  It's not that fair, is it?

If we posted the last top 20, and highest scores of all time, I think the people who earned those high scores would think it's good enough.

BlitzJoker

I personally think that reseting scores takes away from the reason to even have a scoreboard. As for skill wise, zz had an idea to solve that, but I'll have to talk to him about that as see if he really wants to go foward with it.

<edit> And I do believe the scores should be reset once more after the game is fully complete.

picolo

Ok this idea is looking great but you guys arent rationalizing it all the way. If u were in #1 spot and the scores were resetted u wasted your time and no one cares. There should be a spot somewhere that showed who had #1 spot every month to remember those who were great.