• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

The World

Started by Parsley, May 27, 2005, 01:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parsley

When you register for CyberBattles you pick one of four teams.

Logging in for the first time you see a map, littered with planets. 

The planets are in one of four colours, representing the team that owns them.

Some of the border planets are flashing, indicating that people are looking to attack.

Each planet has its own particular geography & design (background, features etc.)

Defenders always go first.

tiraspol

and the point is..............

ultswordsman

..... (is confused) ???

Parsley

It's a design suggestion.

The four teams fight each other in order to try to take over the galaxy.

Adds a bit of continuity to the CB theme.

Adds a theme to the theme, in fact.

------------------------------------------------------

So imagine, you've got your crack squad of commanders ready, and launch an attack on Planet Alpha... 

3 on 3 the battle rages & finally, after a half hour of taunts and torment your attack succeeds, the defenders flee, and you stake the planet for your team.

But then you realise that you left a couple of newbies alone in the lobby, who've managed to play six games against ZZ and Blitz... Argh, you're going to have to stay up all night to win those back...

---------------------------------------------

Possible mod:

Team gets chosen once per 'war' (until galaxy gets conquered by one colour)

Whichever team conquers the entire galaxy gets their members promoted; game resets and starts over, new teams chosen.

flamingdragon

Maybe it could be different game.

Like a starcraft type game. (build bases, make armies, gather resources, ect.)
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Bakster

Quote from: flamingdragon on May 28, 2005, 03:22:47 AM
Maybe it could be different game.

Like a starcraft type game. (build bases, make armies, gather resources, ect.)

nonononononoonnoon

It's good enough as it is.

HellsRage666

leave it alone! It's fine the way it is, im perfectly happy with it. Just play the game. Besides, if u get to pick your team, then people will probably just crowd one team if good ppl are on it.

flamingdragon

Quote from: Bakster on May 28, 2005, 05:11:43 PM
nonononononoonnoon

It's good enough as it is.

I mean make a different game to have world thing with.

I am not talking about changing cyber battles.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

SiR gUt

wow no offense but thats just like mech assualt 2 lone wolf for x box. Just throw that idea in the garbage. :)
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

Parsley

Okay... my answers...

QuoteLike a starcraft type game. (build bases, make armies, gather resources, ect.) Maybe it could be different game.

No.  The game is well balanced at the moment in terms of time/resources/world balance etc. 

Perhaps it could do with some extra cards to add interest, and perhaps even out Alien/Mech a touch, but that's something I'm sure people will debate extensively over the next few months.

Quoteleave it alone! It's fine the way it is, im perfectly happy with it. Just play the game. Besides, if u get to pick your team, then people will probably just crowd one team if good ppl are on it.

I think you'll find that good people go for the bad teams (so they can be head honcho), and crap people will flood the good teams.

Teams can be balanced in terms of player levels (restriction/autobalance on number of people with higher ratings)

Quotewow no offense but thats just like mech assualt 2 lone wolf for x box. Just throw that idea in the garbage.

I don't quite get that analogy, because it's not really.  Perhaps I described my concept poorly.

It is somewhat akin to 'other worlds' and 'shattered galaxy' in that groups of teams fight for control of a world/galaxy. 

This idea only came about from FlamingDragon wondering about the notion of continuity and story line - and how it could be applied to Cyber Battles.

I believe this idea could potentially provides this, without interfering with the game play dynamics or mechanics - allowing for it to be relatively easily implemented code-wise, and not piss everyone off with changing how the game itself works.

QuoteIs that a compliment or an insult?   

Compliment. 

flamingdragon

Quote from: Parsley on May 31, 2005, 12:51:49 PM
No.  The game is well balanced at the moment in terms of time/resources/world balance etc. 

I am talking about making a different game!!!!!

Quote from: flamingdragon on May 30, 2005, 02:15:49 AM
I mean make a different game to have world thing with.

I am not talking about changing cyber battles.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

SiR gUt

Sorry parsley, but everything you mentioned is from mech assault 2 lone wolf, so the idea shud be tossed. Nice try though.  Also didnt even work in mech assault, they had so many problems with that. So if matlu even did try doing that it wouldnt even work. Plus DONT CHANGE CYBER BATTLES STOP TRYING TO MAKE IT A NEW GAME ITS SUPPOSE TO BE HOW IT IS NOW SO LETS LEAVE IT ALONE.
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

Parsley

I feel like I'm lowering my standards in responding to a SirGut post.

:-\

Okay.

LoneWolf is a 3D isometric third person shoot-em up:

My idea is CyberBattles, but instead of a text-based lobby, we have a map:

{Full Size Image: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/risk2/screens.html?page=4}

If you are inferring that both my idea and LoneWolf use the concept of a 'map', and hence are too similar to bother with... ugh, I can't be arsed.

I sincerely look forward to ignoring your next response,

Yours faithfully,

Me.

Bakster

How will the whole map thing work?

Parsley

Each team has a home planet, and a selection of border planets.

Planets represent battlegrounds.

Attacks can only be carried out along the green lines.

The size of the planet represents the size of the battle.

Small = 2v2 to 3v3; Medium 4v4 to 5v5; Large 6v6 (home planet)

If a person wishes to attack a planet, they simply click on it (Much like 'start game')

Subsequently attackers/defenders join the fray, until the required size of battle is met, and CyberBattles resolves who wins the planet.

A person may, obviously, only attack one planet at a time.

---------------

There are some issues with this idea.

The first being that if there is only a home planet left, only 6 players can fight for the survival of the team.  What do the other people in the team do?

The second being, what happens to a losing team?

Also, what should the prize for beating a team be, and for conquering the 'galaxy'... should there be a penalty for losing?  How should the teams be chosen each round? What should the story-line be?

These weren't issues before, but my solutions were a bit too crap, so I thought I would leave them up for debate should the idea catch on.

---------------

[Edit.
Thought I would add in some of those ideas...
- Losing team gets given a new set of planets on the outskirt, galaxy expands
- Prizes = promotion; penalty = demotion
- Random team choice
- 6v6; other players are allowed to defect to another team/when 6v6 occurs, the home planet links to other planets so that players can fight on (even though they might still lose completely should their home planet fall)
- etc.

------------------------
NB. pic above is a mock-up.  And a very bad one at that.