• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

The World

Started by Parsley, May 27, 2005, 01:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matlu

I did try to think deeper about your idea (I have no time right now) - but - some time ago you mentioned that you like Civilisation. I think that you are trying to make cyber battles a bit civilisation-like, right?  ;)  Or maybe  "defender of the crown"-like, in case you know this game

flamingdragon

I like this idea. And who cares wether its like civilisation???

I say make it a different game mode that you can chose. In game selection screen there could be Cyber Battles and then right below it Cyber Battles: Galaxies
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Parsley

Quote+ it would be easy to make it look fantastic in Flash.

I'm afraid it's not possible to mix java with flash. In fact I never programmed in flash and I know very little about it, but it's sure not possible

SiR gUt

yo parsley my bad bro. I just hate mech assault and i to me the idea was like too mech asaultyish so yea.

BUT i still think cyber battles shud stay the same but if matlu does change it ima just have to deal wit it :)
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

flamingdragon

Is anyone even listening to me????

there can be original cyber batlles and one with world and u can choose wich one to play
Adun Toridas, Executor.

exiledragon

You can pay for the extra server costs  :P
Game user name = AnkleBiter
Calling somone overconfident/unskilled when you are losing is NOT good timing.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript order of the stick

flamingdragon

it costs extra server costs to add a new game onto the site???
Adun Toridas, Executor.

BlitzJoker

From my understanding of server it wouldnt add much a cost, same as adding chess or any other game, it just uses bandwidth. But on the flip-side it will bring more players, so the question is....is the # of players brought overcomming the cost of the bandwidth it uses.

matlu

Quoteit costs extra server costs to add a new game onto the site???

nope. As BlitzJoker mentioned, it may increase the cost only indirectly, when it starts to use too much bandwidth, but... this is not going to happen soon. Currently the server is basically unused, it could handle much much more people.

But - to add new game means, that SOMEBODY has to create it. And it is time consuming (depending on kind of the game). Not not mention, that somebody has to also create graphics.
It would be nice to have more games, but I'm simply not able to produce new game every week. That's why I add these singleplayer games - they are not programmed by me.

QuoteBut on the flip-side it will bring more players, so the question is....is the # of players brought overcomming the cost of the bandwidth it uses

This will never become a problem. If the number of players increased beyond some level, I would be receiving enough money from advertising to not be worried about fees for the server. I would be only happy to see more people.

Parsley

Okay, musings aside.

I think that this 'world map' idea should exist as a standalone, if only because otherwise there will be a lot of unhappy people, including myself.

However, effectively it wouldn't be much more than a skin to the current lobby - the only difference being that instead of players having scores, teams will have coloured blocks (countries/planets) representing the number of victories/losses they have scored. 

Matlu - what do you reckon - give it a try, or too much effort?

matlu

Quote from: Parsley on June 06, 2005, 07:55:18 PM
Matlu - what do you reckon - give it a try, or too much effort?

Ehm, soon (later today) I'll make a post about my future plans

<EDIT>

Well, to make it short, I believe that the best thing I could/should do now, is to concentrate on my MUD/MMORPG

raikoukami

ya you've been talking about your mmorpg how is that comeing out what is it about?
you have and info on that?

matlu

Quote from: raikoukami on June 06, 2005, 11:59:16 PM
ya you've been talking about your mmorpg how is that comeing out what is it about?
you have and info on that?

I will post detailed info within few days. I'm too tired to write about it right now  :)