• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Disconnected/ TRAINERS ??

Started by man01, May 31, 2005, 06:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

man01

I get disconnected allot. Is it because maybe I use a dial-up connection.

I was playing a game of CW I got disconnected for about a minute, then got connected back into the game were my opponent was invisible. A trainer

matlu

I get disconnected allot. Is it because maybe I use a dial-up connection.
most likely. Nothing I can really do about it

QuoteI was playing a game of CW I got disconnected for about a minute, then got connected back into the game were my opponent was invisible. A trainer
there is some bug in this reconnecting feature. Missing stuff after reconnecting was already reported. I will try to fix it. Till it's fixed just try  to... not get disconnected :p

raikoukami

I alway get disconnected which is a pain....the only time i don't get disconnected alot is during the night i rarely get kicked at night maybe cause my connection works better then or what.

TheMcCool

Well I can't find my old post about it, but the same bs just happened to me again. First I got disconnected and then reconnected to the game with no problems. Then a couple minutes later I just got booted to the login screen, no warning or anything. When I logged back in I was in the lobby with 2 less points. This happened just a little while ago, if you have logs you can check or something.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

Kiz

Yes, this happened to me too. This needs to be looked into.

Rob Gambino

Hehe, I have a problem with trying to fix my typos and pressing backspace.  The unfortunate part is it brings my browser back so I leave the game and lose 2 points a lot.  Anyone know how to turn these shortcut keys off?

TheMcCool

God I hate my connection. I got screwed again just now.. Why does reconnection work once, and then not work the second time?
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.

matlu

Good question, I'd like to know myself  ???
(btw I was the guest in that game, and I won. Bakster probably also got disconnected, I'm sorry about that, guess he could win easily)

TheMcCool

Actually Bakster backspaced, lol.

TheMcCool

Matlu, I'm pretty sure it times you out after the first reconnection, because it incorrectly thinks you're idle for some reason. If you can't figure out a way to fix it, at least disable the time out on idle thing to see if this theory is correct. (Yeah it just happened to me again damnit. I don't think I'm gonna bother playing anymore until this is fixed, except as a guest maybe.)

matlu

Hm, you may be right, I'll going to have a look at it

matlu

SOOO... I tried to simulate the situation (by unplugging my network cable several times), and I have to agree that you are PARTLY right

You are right that for some reason it's able to reconnect only once. If the connection is lost second time, it's not trying to reconnect. This is a bug and I will seach for reason & fix it.

But it's NOT true that after reconnection it thinks that you are idle and kicks you again. Your connection had to be broken again, and it was not able to reconnect.

TheMcCool

Hmmm, good luck on that then.

matlu

you know, but it's really not simple thing :(  It will take some time to fix it

TheMcCool

Well, I think I fixed my problem. My cheap-ass dsl modem was overheating. I put it by a window with a nice breeze, and instead of having it on a flat surface, stacked it on top of some stuff in such a way that the air vents aren't blocked. So far now it's never lost connection, and it even downloads stuff a bit faster. I am ready to rock all the noobs on the scoreboard. :P