• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Started by zzboots, June 04, 2005, 07:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMcCool

Actually, for me it's always 0 players in the lobby. :P Probably because I just check when I've not much else to do, really late at night or early morning...
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

HellsRage666

Lol zz, I guess it doesnt really affect me one way or another. Oh and btw, i think you meant *deEd

Bakster

Quote from: zzboots on June 04, 2005, 07:39:08 AM
So where are all the 60-70 point players? 

I'm a 60-70 point player. Sometimes I drop down to 50s and sometimes I go past 70. And I only have one account.

raikoukami

right now i'm a 2-10 players :P
can't do much about it right now other than get better..which i'm trying real hard to do

picolo

zzboots i agree totally with your fact that people might be cheating. I am soo glad that you pointed this out without n e finger pointing. He is right... its not possible that all the points just dissapear to guests. What he said, most people we know, matlu, the_guest, also play as guests from time to time so they would take ponits from the highscore table. Also i agree that if someone were on a guest name to try out the game, it would take 1-3 games to either make a name or just stop playing altogether. There has to be some cheating going on!

matlu

Ok, please suggest what should I do about it.

Rob Gambino

Guests can't play rated games?

picolo

Guests cant play rated games.. good suggestion, also the fact that it doesnt take more than 20 seconds to make a new username. I dont know make it so that 1 player cant play another player 1v1 more than 5 times. I think that would make the process of loosing points to a player purposely more frustrating.

zzboots

To minimize cheating one user name per ip would have to be implimented.  That way a person can't make phony names and loose points to friends.  But this creates a problem for multiple users on the same computer.  Personally, I don't care if someone needs to inflate his or her points in order to feel good about him or herself.  It's merely a game, and if seeing your name scroll by every minute is the highlight of your day, then cheat your ass off.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

picolo

No zz, i wuz with u up till here. My lil brother goku2000 and I (picolo) both play off of this computer to play duelboard. Me and my older bros Roaddogg and LilDaddy both played the old GD CW before this duelboard. If the case was one username per IP then none of this would b possible and you would lose 2 users. Well one cuz i would still play.

Rob Gambino

I don't like the only playing a person 5 times thingy either.  It'd take out the fun of making friends and make the game too competitive.

zzboots

I'm not suggesting that one name per ip be implimented.  I was just telling it would be a vital step in insuring minimal cheating.  But, it is unfair for multiple people on the same ip.  So I say keep things as is.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Bakster

I think guests shoudln't be allowed to play rated. It will encourage "fake" guests to get on their real name.