• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Only 35 turns to Draw?

Started by TheMcCool, June 07, 2005, 10:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMcCool

I was playing the first good 6 player game I've had in a long long time, earlier today.. It was down to just me and the last guy from the other team (we had done top vs bottom, though I was sorely tempted to doublecross one of my team mates at one point :P). I had a fire and a blob down that took a while for me to edge around, but we were just about to clash in the final battle, when the game ended in a Draw. 35 turns is definately too short for a somewhat drawn out and tactical 6 player game. Make it at least 45 or 50 please.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

Bakster

Kill them quicker. Don't play teams then you might be able to kill people quicker.

matlu

Bakster, some your comments are not very useful.

I don't know if I should extend the limit, in 2 players game is 35 turns quite enough.

tiraspol

So then cant you make it so that it will provide you with more turns depending on the game of how much players you got in. For example:

2 Players: 35
3 Players: 40
4 Players: 45
5 Players: 50
6 Players: 55

I am not suggesting these, but its just example and an idea.

matlu

yes, this is possible. But maybe it would be enough to make it

2 - 3 players: 35 turn
4 and more: 45 turns

In fact, long time ago I had more related ideas, in order to prevent games ending in draw - for example to give one random action to each player after 20 turns (when everyone has most likely exhausted all actions).

Or maybe, after 30 turns to give one random action every (second) turn. This could prevent "agonic" situations, when players are not able to kill each other.

tiraspol

Quote2 - 3 players: 35 turn
4 and more: 45 turns

I like that idea. But the other ones, where you give a random action, would not be so good. Its a good try to help the people kill each other faster, but if you want people spamming all over the forums saying that they get really crappy items and they have no luck when it comes to random monsters given to you, go for it.

raikoukami

No 35 is fine throughout....i drew two games yesterday when i was going to lose :P
i like the limit.

The_Gu3st

Keep it at 35, If you cant finish it, tough luck. Matlu, you dont have to adjust everything just becuase a few players are mad they dont have skill enough to kill someone in the alotted amount of turns. Also, it changes the defensive persons' strategy. And the "random item" idea will throw off the balance and fairness of the game unless both players get the SAME item.

SiR gUt

I think it should stay at 35 turns, because you dont have enough creatures half the time to last 35 turns. So usually when I run out of monsters in a 6 player game, because I tried killing 4 of the 6 people because nobody likes to do anything in the beginning. It's cuz their to scared that they wont have any monsters left, or their going to lose early, and they save their monsters to the end. So what I like to do if I cant win when its down to the last 3 or 2 people, because i wasted everythign killing the others is I run and hide waiting for the draw so I dont lose the 2 points after all the work I did. So atleast I make the final people earn their 10 points coming to get me. So if its 55 turns that could be a very long time.
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

TheMcCool

Maybe 2 players: 25 turns

3-4 players: 35 turns

5-6 players: 45 turns

Tough luck... it would be a little harder for some people to run and hide and wait for a draw. If you like to do that, or you run out of monsters in a big game because you don't plan ahead...  Well those aren't exactly good arguments. Playing more defensively in a bigger game is called "adjusting to the situation." If you're aggessive enough that all your games end before 35 turns (at least for you :) ), why would you even care about this?
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.

exiledragon

Because games should only last more than 35 turns when you are trapped away from eachother by eachothers slime/fire.
Game user name = AnkleBiter
Calling somone overconfident/unskilled when you are losing is NOT good timing.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript order of the stick

TheMcCool

In the very first post I gave an example in which were just about to fight, after getting around the blob/fires, and it ended in draw. We weren't "trapped". Sorry to burst your bubble.

exiledragon

Funny how I said should, not exclusivly ::). The being trapped situation comes up much more than then still being able to fight, and im sure people dont want to click end turn for 20 minutes.

Game user name = AnkleBiter
Calling somone overconfident/unskilled when you are losing is NOT good timing.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript order of the stick

SiR gUt

well if its going to be 45 turns should give us 5 more monsters to start with atleast
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

TheMcCool

Firstly, I only suggested 45 turns for a large game, i.e. 5 or 6 players. Secondly, clicking end turn 10 more times isn't going to take 20 minutes. Thirdly, you are teh sucks, exiledragon.