• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Tournaments

Started by Kiz, June 10, 2005, 10:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiz

I was thinking that maybe we could embed a tournament feature into the cyber battles applet.
What would basically happen is that the tournament organizer would schedule a date for the tournament including information on the people registered for it. Then, on the date of the tourney, there will be match tables specially reserved for 2 players. Information about the winner would be fed back to the server and the next match table created so there would be no need for a score keeper.

I think this would be a nice add-on, because it would, first of all, remove dependancy on a person keeping track of the results and who has lost or has been disqualified. Secondly, it would be possible to save tournament information on the server so people logged in could easily look through past results and maybe even replay final games. This could have a good amount of appeal to people who are new to this game who can browse these results or even spectate a tourney to see the level of competition.
And this would also make these tournaments seem somewhat more official than as exists right now, which would make winning or partaking in it more rewarding, since you're name would be in the applet itself for everyone to see.

It would just be another avenue for competition with other cyber wars players, but instead this competition would be structured and, unlike the rating system, more dependant on the player's skill than on who has played the longest.

Just an idea I had  :P

ultswordsman

wow......(very long idea  :o :o   )

HellsRage666

YOU WANT TO ELIMINATE THE SCOREKEEPER!!!!  :o :o :o
Get lost... :P

ultswordsman

Kiz

Quote from: HellsRage666 on June 11, 2005, 01:47:15 AM
YOU WANT TO ELIMINATE THE SCOREKEEPER!!!!  :o :o :o
Get lost... :P

I didn't know people held that position in such high reverence. You're just keeping track of numbers, after all.  ???

SiR gUt

But you got to understand he is a veteran at keeping numbers. HE IS THE MOST AMAZING PERSON AT WHAT HE DOES AND WRITING DOWN NUMBERS IS WHAT HE DOES BEST
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

Bakster

Humans can make errors. Computers can't. (Well, they can, but it is the humans fault for not programming it correctly :P)

HellsRage666

I dont make errors....  ;D
Yeah and also, i guess what you suggested might be a possibility, but why? I dont really see a reason why matlu would want to go program all of that, only for the tournaments. Besides, this is still on a small scale, we hardly have 10 ppl logged on a day (at once).