• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Disrupter and Disintegrator should be stronger.

Started by TheMcCool, June 17, 2005, 02:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMcCool

I don't think I've ever successfully killed a monster with them, since Matlu implemented them. This is odd because I always use them on the same sort of things I would have in the old Cyber Wars. I believe they're supposed to go up against Defense, not Resistance btw. I don't remember killing Battlemechs with Disrupter, while it would usually kill Mining Droids for example. Disintegrator was one of the weapons that could usually kill a commander with force armor, and was also a counter to the best monsters.

Just taking a stab at it, but in my estimation Disrupter should be Strength 5 or 6, and Disintegrator should be maybe Strength 8?
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

exiledragon

lol , if it had str 8, it would be auto kill vs commander.
Game user name = AnkleBiter
Calling somone overconfident/unskilled when you are losing is NOT good timing.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript order of the stick

TheMcCool

Did you play the old Cyber Wars? It was auto kill vs commander. That's why it had a range of 4. Other commanders have time to put up defenses.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.

exiledragon

Yes, I played the old cw, and no I dont beleive you  :P

TheMcCool

exiledragon

thats right, insult me dont prove your statement

TheMcCool

Well all I can do is laugh. You say you played the old cyber wars, but you don't remember how strong disrupter and disintegrator were... How do you expect me to prove it? The word of an old Top 50 player should be enough--it's not like I'm trying to ruin Matlu's recreation. I want to make it better.

Rob Gambino

I think they are approximately the same strength.  I've killed a commander with disrupter and disintegrator already in cyber battles.  It is good as it is, which is the same as it was in cyber wars.

Kiz

I can really feel that disintegrator and disruptor are weaker than they were in the old Cyberwars. I remember them being about the same strength and I think that their effect depended on the enemy unit's resistence and defence.

TheMcCool

I've had disrupter fail on a laser robot, and disintegrator fail on a commander with no armor. That would never happen in the old cyber wars. I'd like to know what the probability on those are currently... If I'm just having bad luck I'll drop it.

matlu

In this thread is explained how it works:
http://www.duelboard.com/forum/index.php/topic,314.0.html

I agree, they are not very strong.
- It first, they is always "resistance roll". Many monsters (and also commanders) have very high chance to resists. (resistance 7 means 70% to completely ignore it). But I guess THAT'S what the resistance is for, right?

- when the monster  FAILS resistance roll, there is normal attack roll. Distrupter has strength 4, disintegrator 7. Again, it's not enough to kill many monsters and it requires luck.
Maybe I should at least raise disruptor to strength 5, I don't know. I don't want to make it too strong.

Kiz

Btw, there's something that's been bugging me. The captain's resistence should be 5 not 7. I know for a fact that this was the case in Gower's version of the game.

TheMcCool

I would highly suggest 5 for disrupter and 8 for disintegrator. About Resistance.. The thing is, Disintegrator was really an almost reliable weapon for killing spideroids/preds/queens/etc. It wouldn't have worked so often if resistance worked exactly the way you have it set up. Disintegrator must be harder to resist, than Mind Control for example.

@Kiz's post: That sounds right. I'm not sure, but I think the Symbiont upgrade may have raised the commander's resistance from 5 to 7.

BladeSabre

My notes say that during the last few weeks at least, the Commander's resistance was 7. It could of course be one of the things they changed, but it was 7 for at least part of the time.

(Edited to add) The Symbiont was +1 to all stats except ranged, and none of the other power-ups affected Resistance, so a 5-resistance commander could never be promoted to 7.

Kiz

Yes, I remember symbiont giving the commander a resistence of 6