• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Thoughts

Started by Parsley, September 07, 2005, 01:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parsley

In order of importance, my 2c for the morning.

- Score board on the website?

- Cyber Battles 'newbie' edition.  I'm worried that newbies are getting a pounding and not returning.  So someone think of a way of making sure that newbies win a few of their first fights so that they have a chance to get addicted to the game.  Personally I would think about fixing newbie decks so that they get a solid distribution of 'uber' creatures, or fixing their beamdown odds to 50%+ for their first 1-5 games, just to ensure that newbie 'luck' that will get them hooked to the game, before the harsh realities kick in.

- Scroll thru all the players, not just the top 20.  It would make the top 20 more impressive, but also it would also set attainable targets for new players.  Some may get frightened off by the notion of having to play 500+ games to even get a mention.

- Clan section to this website?  Perhaps just a page linking to future clan websites, and some hosting for people to upload their clan websites?

haferhole1

for the newbie thing, we might want to think about a tutorial or something along those lines.  i know it would take a while to get up, but more people may wanna play if they know how

click my egg to get ur own

BlitzJoker

Quote from: haferhole1 on September 07, 2005, 06:10:51 PM
for the newbie thing, we might want to think about a tutorial or something along those lines. i know it would take a while to get up, but more people may wanna play if they know how

Ok I saw this, and decided it sounds like a pretty good idea. Here is my attempt http://www.geocities.com/cyberwarsforever/strat.html :D ;)

Bakster

For the first option...how the hell can you tell if someone is a genuine noob. It could be someone on a multiname *ultswordsman*

ultswordsman

ahem i suggest u not use me as i always pwn u
u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut

Parsley

They would then get the same benefit.

I think that ensuring repeat custom from new comers is more important at the moment than worrying about whether or not some guy wants to reset his score in order to attain a %/critter advantage for a few games.

We want to establish a game where there are more than 0 players for most hours of the day.

ultswordsman

yes we want to get to the point were theres 2 ppl all the time
u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut

Bakster

Quote from: ultswordsman on September 08, 2005, 01:18:49 AM
ahem i suggest u not use me as i always pwn u
Hahahahahaahahahahhaahahahha. Funny joke.