• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

make it bigger?

Started by willie, September 13, 2005, 07:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willie

expand the screen size(width and length) and increase the maximum amount of players by 2.  i think the screen for cyber-wars was bigger than this wasnt it?  and then after you do this you can change the the beacon and turret beam-down formation to how it was where if you were by the side you could beam all of them down.

Dodger

Quote from: willie on September 13, 2005, 07:18:01 PM
expand the screen size(width and length) and increase the maximum amount of players by 2. i think the screen for cyber-wars was bigger than this wasnt it?

No, and no.

Quote from: willie on September 13, 2005, 07:18:01 PM
and then after you do this you can change the the beacon and turret beam-down formation to how it was where if you were on a side you could beam all of them down.

It was never like that.

Parsley

The screen size is correct Willie.  People tend to prefer that things like that are kept the same, because a lot of the in-game strategy revolves around judging distance between units.

Increasing maximum number of people by 2 would be fairly hectic... an interesting suggestion, but possibly best left as is for now though.

matlu

Quotei think the screen for cyber-wars was bigger than this wasnt it?
actually, it was smaller. I added one column or row, I don't remember which :) Probably column

Quoteincrease the maximum amount of players by 2.
I don't think it is necessary

Quoteand then after you do this you can change the the beacon and turret beam-down formation to how it was where if you were on a side you could beam all of them down.
fair and true comment :) I wanted to do it for long time. It is already partly programmed.

Dodger

Quote from: matlu on September 13, 2005, 08:44:17 PM
fair and true comment :) I wanted to do it for long time. It is already partly programmed.

Nooo, don't do it, i like the way it is! You should just move a little if you want all 8!
How would they be arranged then?

The_Gu3st

Matlu,

Dont make it so that all 8 beacons beam down... it was never like this in the original. Although it could be helpful, it can also ruin one's strategy completely.

As for adding 2 extra players... that would be AWESOME! BUT you would have to add more options to choose from and maybe even more monsters and things such as mind control and teleport.

SiR gUt

we have teleport..and i think it would be cool if the game board was bigger and can play a game of 8. Not sure if ti would work out but i still think its cool
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

Dodger

Quote from: The_Gu3st on September 13, 2005, 09:15:58 PM
...and things such as mind control and teleport.

eh? we have these... explain ???

The_Gu3st

DUH! I know we have mind control and teleport, but I didnt know how to describe what sort of "things" they are. For example, i didnt know whether to call them defensive moves, skill moves, or whatever.

I just mean we need more things of that sort, instead of monsters.

TheMcCool

You guys, turrets were actually like that in the original. If you were on the side, all 8 of them would still beam down. Unfortunately I never took any pics when I played, of the alternate formation... As for beacons, I don't remember if they did that or not.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

The_Gu3st

They did, but this was not ALWAYS the case.

TheMcCool

Well I preferred it that way :P Also I think making the screen bigger and having max 8 wouldn't be a bad idea. Alot of work for minimal gain, maybe... But it's not as if Cyber Wars was ever a finely balanced strategy game. I don't think it would ruin anything.

More things such as teleport and mind control =  electropulse and virus  ;D
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.

SiR gUt

THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

The_Gu3st

Yeah, that's pretty much what I said except MC phrased it a lot better.

TheMcCool

Well I thought of it way before you did, I just didn't feel like posting. Stop trying to take credit for everything